How much do original Exactra bubbles & T-tracks go for?

Crimsonnaire

Sr Member
Hey, guys.

Can someone please tell me how much the original Exactra calculator bubble strips (either strip alone or the entire calculator) and the original T-tracks as used for the ANH and ESB Luke and Vaders sabers fetch for these days? Are they as rare as the Obi ANH boosters and correct handwheels?

And while I'm asking where, can someone also direct me to the source that offers the most accurate replicas of the bubble strip and T-tracks?

Thanks very much.

I don't think anyone has ever found accurate original t-track. I've seen correct Exactras go anywhere from $60 on up to almost $150. Prices will probably go stupid high on those as well.

There are others with much more experience than I have, but real Exacta bubble strips are hard to get without the rest of the calculator. The Exactra 20 is rare (not extremely though) and I've never even seen an Exactra 19 for sale. Boosters are exceptionally rare and expensive. AS handwheels are somewhat rare. Id say much more rare than an Exactra but nothing like a booster or a balance pipe. I've seen Exactra 20's go from $65 up to $135...you just have to have luck on your side or know someone willing to part with one. Both help.

As far as I know, no one has original T Tracks. No one has said for certain what they are (manufacturer-wise).

As far as replica bubble strips and T Tracks, I only have experience with Roygilsing's pieces at wannawanga.com, but they look extremely accurate to me and I have used them several times.

Wow! What a great site for parts! They all look fantastic! Thank you guys very much for the referral.

I have to say the Exactra price range is lower than what I expected, but still quite expensive for a bubble strip. That being the case, I'd say it's still worth trying to chase one down especially if you manage to get the original grips for an all-original parts saber. I'm also surprised to hear that the correct AS handwheel is less rare than the booster because I've only seen a couple of them show up here from members that found them, whereas original boosters seem to pop up every other month. But would you guys agree that the correct #3 MK1 grenade is just as rare if not moreso than the correct balance pipe? In all these years, I have never once seen anyone come up with the correct version of the grenade, with the accurate windvane and symmetrical frag grooves and the angular edge at the uppermost step of the frag.

I have gathered T-tracks in all sizes, shapes and materials ... from ABS plastic, rubber, anodized black aluminium and real vintage metal ... but non of them come close to the ones I've developed together with Roy or the even the screen-accurate replicas offered by GINO . . . I've been looking for real vintage T-tracks used since forever ... and I'm quite content with my own design now which Roy was so kind to have manufactured and made availabe for all :)

If you happen to see another 'real' booster pop up on ebay . . . then let us know, there are plenty with all real parts OB1 who haven't seen one in ages ... my guess is . . . you're seeing the perfect replica boosters made by Romans Empire that pop up every other month ;)

The screen-accurate No.3MkI grenade is also a holy grail, though some pop up from time to time but being the a-symmetric ones mostly . . . as for the correct balance pipe ... now that's piece I've only collected due through cunning jedi-negotiation skills of some of my peers here on therpf. Never seen one come online . . . except being part of the complete Rolls Royce Derwent Jet-engine . . . ranging from $8.000 - $12.000 and still you need to know in advance if it contains the correct upgraded balance pipes after revisions done in the 1950's ... or so :)

Chaim

Last edited:
Yes, those grips certainly do look amazing. You did an excellent job designing. I was just admiring them earlier and I plan to order a set. I really want the plastic ones since they're more accurate to the original things, but I noticed that it's recommended to use a double mixture epoxy to attach them to flashguns and I prefer tape because it's less permanent and offers the smallest risk of any surface damage to the plating if I need to remove them. Are the plastic grips not possible to attach using double sided tape? If so, I'll probably have to go with the rubber ones.

Thanks. Go with the plastic T-tracks ... they are more accurate than the rubber versions, which was an error in production. I suppose if you use the right kind of double sided tape such as used for hanging mirrors on ceilings ... you should be fine :) If you order the ANH kit you also get the better D-ring after my custom design + bubbles, which in case you find the real Exactra 19 or 20, can be used for your Darth Vader lightsaber by cutting one bubble off ;)

Chaim

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back