How many Sabers is too many?

There is no such thing as too many lightsabers ...

Well, one could argue... :p

1599588832539.gif

Get what and how many you want that makes you happy. I am lucky that I have a partner that is supportive of my hobbies and I am supportive of hers. That being said, I don't want anything more than I can display in a visually appealing way. I currently have 4 built lightsabers (real parts Luke ANH, Vader ANH V2, Vader ESB and, of course the jewel, Obi-Wan)...the only one I may try to build in the future is a Luke ESB. I could honestly thin it down to just the ANH Luke and Obi and be pretty happy though.

I'm not sure how many I even have right now, but I think its around 10 - 12. There are a few more that are must haves for me, but I definitely dont have the urge to collect anything and everything.

Get what and how many you want that makes you happy. I am lucky that I have a partner that is supportive of my hobbies and I am supportive of hers. That being said, I don't want anything more than I can display in a visually appealing way. I currently have 4 built lightsabers (real parts Luke ANH, Vader ANH V2, Vader ESB and, of course the jewel, Obi-Wan)...the only one I may try to build in the future is a Luke ESB. I could honestly thin it down to just the ANH Luke and Obi and be pretty happy though.

That's pretty much exactly where I am with it! I have my mostly real parts Obi and original Luke ANH and those are the only ones I've really ever wanted. I have a few extra Graflexes right now so I'm considering making an ESB, just missing a circuit and kobold

Started with Luke's from ANH. Hasbro Black Series, did a small modification to have a removable blade (display friendly). To me, that lightsaber is the one, when I think of the lightsaber it's Luke's from ANH.
Then bought Darth Maul's Force FX with a removable blade. 2 of them, of course. Love them.
It followed with Kit Fisto, Hasbro with a removable blade. Then I bought Kylo Ren, Hasbro Elite. I've just received Darth Revan, Hasbro Elite.
It's 6 in total, currently.
Will probably by Darth Sidious as well.

I love these new Hasbro Elite versions. They're pretty accurate and good. It's most important to have a removable blade for display purposes.

I would love to see Leia and Ashoka (changing colors, white) lightsabers in Hasbro Elite editions.

I thought my Luke's ANH will be the first and last. They're expensive and don't want to think how much money a gave so far.

Most importantly, they give me joy. Just knowing I have them feels good.

Only because I started collecting in 2002 when I joined the RPF I have 20+ sabers, almost 30, with enough parts to make another dozen or so if I wanted. My goal was to have 1 good version of each character/saber that I wanted, although I do have duplicates of a few sabers.

There are more that I want that I don't already have, eventually I'll have them all up for display together.

Just to spare my wallet and space, I picked my favorite versions of the in story sabers and stuck with those rather than having all of the real world versions of them. Although I did get both the hero and the V2 for Luke, but I feel like they're different enough to justify having them as opposed to having both an ANH and an ESB GRAFLEX for instance. Aside from those two I just have Obi Wan's, Luke's, and Vader's from ANH.

I did also buy one of the Disney Parks Kylos with the removable blades just because, but it's definitely one of those things that will be the first to come out of my display as soon as I need space.

One of each from the OT is what I’m after, saving the endless variations. ANH Obi, ANH Luke, ANH Vader V1, ESB Ranch Luke, ESB Vader/ ROTJ Vader, V2 Luke. The only variation I’m interested in is the Luke ROTJ hero, MOM.

Here’s my collection not including current interest lists. This is the sum of 20 years here on the RPF:

On-hand
1. Roman Props Balance V4 (Neopixel install in progress)
2. Solo’s Hold V2 2019
3. Solo’s Hold Rogue Apprentice & Snips
4. Solo’s Hold Blind Knight
5. Solo’s Hold Rebel Orphan
6. DaveP ISYHCANL
7. Starkiller 2018 FX V2
8. 2020 Luke ANH Graflex Build
9. 7Chambers Aniflex
10. Roman's Empire DM3
11. Roman's Empire MkIV
12. Russrep Obi ANH
13. MR Maul
14. MR Obi ANH LE
15. MR Luke ROTJ LE
16. MR Vader ESB LE
17. MR Vader ANH LE
18. MR Luke ESB LE
19. MR Dooku LE
20. Larbel MPP w/ ESB style clamp
21. Graflex ANH (Yoda's House)
22. Graflex ESB (Yoda's House)
23. Parks Graflex
24. Parks Graflex
25. Biskit Graflex w/ ElvisTrooper Vader ROTJ parts
26. Larbel Ki-Adi-Mundi (one of, if not the last, saber he sold)
27. Larbel Obi TPM EL
28. Unknown QGJ
29. Unknown Anakin AOTC (just can't remember the makers name)
30. Jedi135 first ever Anakin AOTC

Paid/Deposited/Coming Soon:
1. Roman Props Inception Elite (coming soon)
2. DaveP Hero (coming soon)
3. DaveP Yuma (coming soon)
4. Lukyanov Jaro Tapal Fallen Order (coming soon)
5. Wattos’s Junkyard Tusken Slayer (coming soon)
6. Custom 3D Printed Luke V3

I don’t think it was TriCloudwalker. This was one of the first accurate runs after Episode 2 came out. Was 5postboy based in Singapore? I believe it came from there.

Somewhere overseas for sure. Yes, I remember them as being the first run of including a lot of missing details. It included a lot of details seen from the prop that was displayed at a Star Wars Celebration at the time like the little slot area inside the emitter. I still have mine.

29 displayed, another 3 that I need to figure out how to add. Darksaber in on order and now thinking about Ahsoka sabers after the latest episode of The Mandalorian.

Attachments

• E33A848A-477C-47D1-B267-EF2FA3AD608E.jpeg
    E33A848A-477C-47D1-B267-EF2FA3AD608E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back