How many Predators movies has been made?

Just to clear something up for ya...
It says in his book (The Winston Effect) that he used the spring board of the Rastafarian warrior picture (hence the dreadlocks) James Cameron had on the flight to Japan for the premeire of 'Aliens' as a base for the concept :) then James said "Ya'know i always wanted to see something with mandibles..."

Ahhh ..so the rumor goes ..and of course Stan, being a client of Cameron's would say that..but in truth, Robert Short was hired for the initial designs after the "Hunter" suit failed ..the designs where then passed on tho SWS to elaborate on.

"While the film was still titled “Hunter” Robert Short Productions was brought in to re conceptualize the alien monster. At first RSPinc. put armor on the existing lizard-like creature, played by stuntman Jean Claude Van Damme, but this was soon scrapped. Under director John Mctiernan’s supervision Short’s team developed a new direction for the creature by creating an upright Masai warrior design complete with armor, dread locks and side mounted mandibles. After Short moved onto other projects the design was eventually used as the bases for the final creature."

I have spent time with Robert and spoke to him about his role in Predator ...he was very happy with the approach Stan took on his initial concept.

PS ..Cameron also thinks he invented 3-d ..hahahaha

Ahhh ..so the rumor goes ..and of course Stan, being a client of Cameron's would say that..but in truth, Robert Short was hired for the initial designs after the "Hunter" suit failed ..the designs where then passed on tho SWS to elaborate on.

"While the film was still titled “Hunter” Robert Short Productions was brought in to re conceptualize the alien monster. At first RSPinc. put armor on the existing lizard-like creature, played by stuntman Jean Claude Van Damme, but this was soon scrapped. Under director John Mctiernan’s supervision Short’s team developed a new direction for the creature by creating an upright Masai warrior design complete with armor, dread locks and side mounted mandibles. After Short moved onto other projects the design was eventually used as the bases for the final creature."

I have spent time with Robert and spoke to him about his role in Predator ...he was very happy with the approach Stan took on his initial concept.

PS ..Cameron also thinks he invented 3-d ..hahahaha

Wow George, that was just a rumour? very interesting! So thats the secret behind the magic eh? of our favourite hunter :) Stan just made that movie, if he hadn't of developed the creature further (as we all know) the movie would of been a disaster. Seriously i had no idea about that, why wasn't it in the book i'm not sure?
Thanks for that info George!

Grammar is irrelevant to the debate

Besides, like all the fans i wanted more predator after Predator 2, but they screwed .So bad that i and a lot of other adults who grew up with this once great franchise, will express our hate.

About Stan, i'm pretty sure that he would've laughed out loud at KNB for trying to copy his original predator, but couldn't make it, at least as good as the one he created.

This short inbred piece of cheap plastic couldn't close his mandibles...Come on, 24 years later they couldn't do it right.

When people start to like the idea of Brody being the main character in a Predator movie, it's the beginning of the end.

True fans agree
Ooooh... Now I'm not a "true fan" (even though Ive been a fan since seeing this Fangoria magazine at the local 7-eleven http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?ac...st&id=14522 ).

You are also saying that Brody isn't a good person to have play as a Predators antagonist? Why? Because he's not 250 lbs of muscle or whatever the reason? Come on bro...

I would take anytime over the "newer" Preds, well...anytime, but I still would like to have more films made simply because I am a "TRUE FAN". :)

Guys, you are going WAY off topic.

PredatorSpirit you did this on another thread, aiming comments at other members all because some people like 'Predators' and you do not. i just do not want to see it turn ******.

PLEASE do not make me wave my MOD stick at you.

PredatorSpirit you did this on another thread, aiming comments at other members all because some people like 'Predators' and you do not. i just do not want to see it turn ******.

Sorry Usurper. That is why I :) -ed at the end of my last reply.

I'm done with it. Obviously he thinks he's the biggest Predator fan so...

Oh, holy ****... is this actually a topic?

How is it that you can be on a "Predator Forum," and not have any idea about the character? No, seriously I want to know. NO.. no, wait.. I got my answer. The fact that you were too lazy to type out the word "Please" says volumes. OR, you didn't know how to spell it, but ya do now!!

You want to know how many Predator films were made, well... alright. TWO. There were TWO Predator movies made. I'm purposely leaving out Robert Rodriguez's "Presents" PREDATORS for the simple fact he chose to ignore Predator 2.

For aslong as I've been a member on this board, I've never once censored myself, and that's not about to change. So. Let's get to it, shall we? Unless you need a pacifier. Then go away.

PREDATOR- This movie was awesome. I watched it sooo many times as a kid on VHS (Oh, wait.. we have young ones in the crowd. That's what we had before everything had a ******* "I" plastered infront of it.) This movie was great in the fact that when you started watching it, you thought it was just going to be another dumb '80's action flick. Well, no. John McTiernan threw a ******* curve ball into that formula. He did something that totally changed everything. He took an overly "macho" flick, and threw in some nerd. Yup, and that nerd was the Predator. In my opinion he combined "action" with "science-fiction." So he get's a high-five for that. That, and he was adament about the "hand-to-hand" contest between Arnold and the Predator. Of which, Arnold lost. A lot of people think of "Predator" as a cheesey '80's flick, but I do not. I see it as much more than that. It was a great thing - not only in film, but special effects wise as well.

Predator 2 - Well ****. What do you want me to say? It was more of an "Homage" to the comic book "Predator: Concrete Jungle." The movie itself was just a re-hash of everthing from that time. A big action movie with big action stars. However, the art and conceptualization was just awesome. That alone fuels my creativity. Especially with the end scene, and all of the "others" coming out from the mist. While the movie bollocks'ed itself with the same cheese, it managed to expand upon the Predator creature itself. Giving out more without giving too much away. I can think of a few different ways that I would've wanted the movie to end, but I think it worked just fine. While Danny Glover was "too old for this ****," he still managed to put off the Predator race. Atleast until a sequel. "They left a door open that you could drive a truck through." That's what Kevin Peter Hall said. He was just awesome.

Now, we come to the "sequels." Right, well "AVP" was an abortion conceptualised by Paul W. S. Andersen. He crippled the talents of ADI into making his retard-fest that we all saw at the theatre. The long, flowing dredlocks of Scar was supposed to be romantic. You knoq what, I'm not even going to get into this. I've said time and time again about how this movie was ass. It was a ****-fest, and a total let-down to Predator fans. The director took "his" vision and put it on film. Too bad his "vision" was crap.

AVP:R I dunno what to really say about this movie. I couldn't ******* see it. Seriously, who ******* let the "Brothers Strauss" do this? Did they totally drain the budget that they couldn't properly light the ******* movie? I'm gonna save myself from talking about this with one word... "SKYLINE." Yeah. That should do it. By the by, who ******* let them make another movie? Is this how it goes in Hollywood? If you haven't seen "Skyline," you shouldn't. Just don't. Seriously.

Predators - Well, ****. If you've seen any of the previous films, you know. Unlike Robert Rodriguez. He'd seen "Predator," and thought about how he could do it better. So, he created a re-hash. Now, don't get me wrong as that's not a remake. It's a "re-imagining." And it's totally ******* stupid. Here's why -

First off, the original creatures design and modus operandi were not good enough for his film. So, what he did was try to re-invent the creature. He did this by turning them into outcast-retards. Oh that's right, I went there. See, Rodriguez thought that he had to "re-invent" the Predator to make it more appealing to audiences. He thought that through his own ego he had to make "his" Predators bigger, and badder than the Previous incarnations. Well, I'm here to tell him that, no, he didn't. That is unless his own ego got a hold of him, and demanded something bigger and badder. Anyhow, I digress. Audiences wanted to see the Predator back on screen as the Predator. They wanted to see him rip the spines from victims, and to just all around **** **** up. Well, they got to see him back on screen. However, it probably wasn't what they wanted. They got a Predator on screen, but he was tied up. He was humiliated, and he was defeated. He was NOT the Predator we all grew up with. He was supposed to be a throw-back, something audiences could identify as the Predator... and he was killed. Seriously, did this really happen? You know what... **** it. There you have "PREDATORS."

There are three Predator movies made, they are: Predator [1987], Predator 2 [1990], and Predators [2010]. There is a stand alone franchise in AVP, AVPR.

Predator - I really like the movie and it started it all. I think the fact that they didn't show the Predator basically until the end was a good move. You really didn't know what the predator was until you saw it and when you saw it, it was unlike anything "alien" of that time. Very futuristic, yet tribal.

Predator 2 - This movie, to me, really showed that the predator is a more versatile hunter and can do what he did in the jungle, in the city. It elaborated more on the Predator, his weapons, even more of the honor code, and his home environment. The armor was tribal and at the end, I like how the lost hunters have pretty much different armor combos.

Predators - I really really like this movie because it shows that their is an even darker side to the predator and the the ultimate prey is the predator himself. I like how all the armor is pretty much different. There are some similarities, but not much. The used different means to hunt. As for the "classic" in the movie, he was different than compared to our original predator. The bio was a bit wider at the jaw area and the face was different, it looked "younger" than our original. As for the design of the new ones. I really like it except for a few areas. The lack of body and facial quills, the netting [maybe], and how large the bottom mandibles were.

I've been ignoring this thread, but then I was in chat and Tatsu said there was a good rant from Rob so I had to read it. And oh my...what an excellent read it was! Despite me being at work and having a whack-load of paperwork to go over, I set it all aside, grabbed my coffee and started reading. You see, Rob's rants are epic around here. I have yet to disagree with Rob because he has a vision of how the Predator should be - based on what we've seen in the 1st two movies.

I totally ignore AVP and agree with Rob 100% on all his points. I did enjoy the Celtic Bio tho, and...uh...ya that would be it - just the Celtic Bio haha!

As for AVP:R I REALLY liked Ian Whyte and how he represented the mannerisms and actions of the Predator, but you couldn't see ****...so freaking dark! Could have been SO much better if there was only better lighting.

Then we have Predators...there were good points to it, but there were also bad points. I like the "Bad Blood" idea with Predators fighting and killing their own. Then they killed off the "Classic" Pred with that abomination Berserker Super Predator. I have to admit I like the new head design, but it still pales in comparison to P1 and P2. Overall, I was still ecstatic to see Predators on the big screen again! We will NEVER see anything like P1 or P2 again because the writers will never see Predators like that - like we do. Putting another movie out would mean it gets Hollywoodized and bastardized to get more reaction from the audience. While you can't do the same thing like in P1 or P2, you have the basis to create another movie with the character that we know. The problem now is that we have the influence of AVP and AVPR and the Super Predators that another writer/director could try to incorporate into the next movie. There's no pleasing everyone thats for sure.

Every few months this discussion of the movies comes up and people explain what they like and didn't like, but the bottom line is that there will never be another P1 or P2 no matter how much we wish for it. We can create our own breed of Predators here on the Lair and come up with ideas that Hollywood couldn't do themselves. Actually, that brings up a good point - given the popularity of the Lair (we are the primary resource for all Predator knowledge) we should be proud that writers and artists who are paid to do work for the previous movies have come here for inspiration and information. That's pretty freaking cool...

PredatorSpirit you did this on another thread, aiming comments at other members all because some people like 'Predators' and you do not.

I like that phrase, speak softly and carry a big stick, very true.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back