How many people have real balance pipes?

I believe there are only 2 correct ones in Star Wars collectors hands.

I finally received my almost correct one just a few days ago but it's the slightly incorrect one I first showed off in the old thread. It's the opposite side balance pipe that faces the correct one. The ring of holes is flat (not beveled) and has a lip.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonepigeon @ Apr 28 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]1234893[/snapback]</div>
I believe there are only 2 correct ones in Star Wars collectors hands.

I finally received my almost correct one just a few days ago but it's the slightly incorrect one I first showed off in the old thread. It's the opposite side balance pipe that faces the correct one. The ring of holes is flat (not beveled) and has a lip.
[/b]

Two. Woah. I need names and addresses.... :lol

Really? The ring of holes are flat, not angled? I think that makes a few reproductions I've seen incorrect.

Do you have a pic Chris?

I know of 3.

On the correct one, the ring of holes are actually curved. I only know of 2 people that have the flat one.

I don't have a real one by the way. I have a replica that was made from an original one.

I think there are only 2 of these around.

FB

I have "A" real Derwent balance pipe...but it's a little small...wrong year.

06cprs7jg.jpg

Avalon X, please re-read Lonepigeon's post again... ;)

I picked up a real one from kurty boy in the junkyard. Not the correct one though, although the real life weathering does look fantastic.

Yep, that's the type...hey, it's real.That's why I wanted it mainly, to feel, smell,and see.

And, if you want the perfect replica, just wait for one of the repros.

Ok I got a question or two .. I almost dread hearing the answer but -

Axactly how difficult was it to find and purchase these parts?
Around what price range would I expect to pay if I did find one of these?

Even though ebay sells a lot of wierd stuff I really can't see too many these popping up there.

Not only is the type of engine rare, but it's a specific part of this angine...sheesh.

I thought the emitter turned out to be a jet fuel injector? Wasn't there a post here about that in the last 6 months?

Right, the proper term is "balance pipe" and its part a specific model of Derwent jet engine. Same one used for the IG-88 head.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jediwannabe @ Apr 28 2006, 11:23 PM) [snapback]1235325[/snapback]</div>
I thought the emitter turned out to be a jet fuel injector? Wasn't there a post here about that in the last 6 months?
[/b]

Yes a jet part, no not a fuel injector. The 'balance pipe'/interconnect is to allow all 8 flame tubes to ignite off of just two, uh, igniting-thingies. ;)

A post in the last 6 months? :lol I'll say. The whole incredible story's in an awesome thread in the Archives.

Darth Saber--finding a real one requires a combination of luck, networking and research, and in some cases significant amounts of money. An excess of one aspect can make up to a degree for deficits in the others. In my case the luck was more on the huge side, and everything else was shockingly minimal. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back