How many Avengers at Dragon*Con 2012?

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by DarkJedi1500, May 11, 2012.

1. DarkJedi1500

DarkJedi1500 Well-Known Member

I have seen a lot of people building Avenger costumes here (specifically Iron Man), but haven't seen a good showing at Dragon*Con. I don't remember seeing any at D*Con 2010, and for D*Con 2011 I only saw one ironman, a handfull of comic captains, and a really good movie Thor.

I'm tempted to jump on the Avengers bandwagon for D*Con 2012, but I'm currious how many people plan to do the same. How many foam Iron Men will be wandering the convention this year?

2. EHyde

EHyde Member

Well, I should have a Loki with me (he's not on the forum) but I'm not doing an Avengers costume myself. But I expect with the movie out there'll be a big jump in popularity at D*C.

3. SITHcamaro

SITHcamaro Well-Known Member

4. Anakinos

Anakinos Well-Known Member

I will be there in my hawkeye and if my wife can make it in her Maria hill

5. PunisherNC

PunisherNC Well-Known Member

I'll be there with my Avengers Cap suit.. My wife will be in her Maria Hill and cousin will be wearing his Hawkeye

6. CelticRuins

CelticRuins Sr Member

You guys have fun, I'm sticking in my X-Men corner :lol!

7. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

Too many.

8. DarthGM

DarthGM Member

All of them.

;D

9. batmann539

batmann539 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can think of a couple groups off hand from the people I know so I'm expecting a bunch of Avenger groups to show.

Sean

10. endo500

endo500 Active Member

queue the 90s x-men cartoon theme song...

11. Rdmaul

Rdmaul Well-Known Member

So in other words I should bring a DC costume if I go?

12. astromechr4p17

astromechr4p17 New Member

Will someone please show up in a Mark 1?? k Thanks!

13. CelticRuins

CelticRuins Sr Member

Hell yes.

And this is the best version of it: Particles 'Dance' to Orchestral X-Men Theme - YouTube

I guess it's about time we brought our Joker and Harley back out again as well :p.

14. DarkJedi1500

This is why I started the post. Everybody is expecting there to be a lot of Avenger's. However only a few people have stated they are going as any of the Avengers, so the number at the con may be lower than we all think it will be.

15. jerladd

jerladd New Member

I'll be there as Hawkeye and my girlfriend will be Black Widow but for backup I'm going to bring my Agent 47 and possibly Riddick gear.

16. EHyde

EHyde Member

Well, it's not like everyone who will be at dragoncon is on this site ...

17. poisonivyism

poisonivyism New Member

There's usually a sizable showing of Iron Man costumers, though I think the biggest showing was in 2008, when the first movie came out. I think there will be PLENTY of Avengers.

I'm doing a comic Black Widow, and my boyfriend will be Loki in his Stuttgart suit. We should have a Hawkeye and Hulk as well.

18. grey matter

grey matter Active Member

working on a avengers movie thor for myself and a friend of mine is going as beta ray bill. i may even have a micro hulk in tow.

19. Scapey

Scapey Sr Member

I have my bowler hat and umbrella packed and ready to go! :D

20. pwrofbauer

pwrofbauer Active Member

I'm doing the Iron Man 2 racing suit / helmet (and maybe I'll be carrying around the Mark V briefcase that I'm trying to work up), but I don't know if that technically counts as *Avengers*...

21. BobbyS95

BobbyS95 Well-Known Member

Now I'm rethinking going as Avengers Captain America. Don't want to be surrounded by hundreds of other Caps, it will be like being a Stormtrooper

22. DarkJedi1500

This may be my favorite reply :)

23. the whiphand

the whiphand Member

I think in general, Marvel is just going to be the popular choice this year. Marvel has the better marketing strategies and has been a bigger name in comics/movies lately. I don't even think that the new Batman movie can even mess with that at this point. And the 'recent' failure of the Green Lantern movie does nothing to help this. Honestly, there was a time when DC and Marvel were really neck and neck- but DC just lost it. Also- considering the new Spiderman movie... it's just going to be Marvel domination time. And tbh, I'm a bit excited. xD

24. TheLadyNerd

TheLadyNerd Well-Known Member

Hopefully I'll be coming in as a Femme Tony Stark. (Specifically the scene where Tony is working on the arm piece from the first Iron Man movie. Though I think I'm going to switch to a black tank top because I'm pale and his khaki shirt would wash me out). But that's if I can get the arm piece and arc reactor finished in time.

But I agree, it'll definitely be a Marvel year. I wasn't going to jump on the bandwagon at first, but I thought heck, why not? That's half of the fun of Dragoncon is getting to play with other folks. I wore a lesser known costume last year and hardly got to interact with anyone.

25. kelldar

kelldar Well-Known Member

I might bring my Black Widow, but I'm definitely briniging Ms Marvel.

26. vindicator

vindicator Member

I will be there as Ultron, if you will accept a villain.