how long was the p1 on earthfor?

afedorniak

just a qustion on P1 movie how long was the prd on earth bfor arnold and his gang came along ,as the woman in it goes on to say only in the hottest times these things happen ect,something like that i think hed been there awhile .what do u guys think,!!!

just a qustion on P1 movie how long was the prd on earth bfor arnold and his gang came along ,as the woman in it goes on to say only in the hottest times these things happen ect,something like that i think hed been there awhile .what do u guys think,!!!
the predator species has been visiting earth for thousands if not millions of years they dont live here permanantly they come to hunt in areas of hostility and high temperatures :lol:

This happens to me on the days I drink too much coffee... .do u kno what I mean,!!!

I think that this hunter was at least for 35-65 years on this earth. Because he was a full grown male pred, has already skimmed a big part of his armor.
Also his size and stealthy abilities, and hunts in the years before (stories of the female).
But he is not an elder yet!

He is of course belonging to a bigger crew of predators. But it was not his last hunt for sure...

I think that this hunter was at least for 35-65 years on this earth. Because he was a full grown male pred, has already skimmed a big part of his armor.
Also his size and stealthy abilities, and hunts in the years before (stories of the female).
But he is not an elder yet!

He is of course belonging to a bigger crew of predators. But it was not his last hunt for sure...

I think its safe to say that the nuke like explosion took him out. His hunting days are over I believe.

The original question was how long was the Pred on earth before Arnie's team got there. Remember there was the previous team that they lost contact with, so Pred was only there for a few days prior to Arnie's team showing up. Kind of a silly question, but theres the answer...

My ideas were that they showed up only for a short time. Just a few days or weeks to hunt then they blast back home. I dont see why a Predator would hang out for months or years. Like it was said in the film, "only when its hottest does this happen". That right there says its only for a short time.

Not so long I think, you can see the ship in the begining of the movie, dropping the Predator of. I presume only a few days are past before Dutch and the gang showed up.
But he or his predator friends have probably been there on previous ocassions.

but doesent anna say only in the hottest season this happens in the past tense,just wondered,anyway gets us all thinking!!

ya.. so they only show up when its hot... makes sense. In AVP they only show up once every 100 years. Don't think pred would spend years on earth to hun the same prey when he can traverse the universe and hunt other things

Ok, think about this. The clans wouldn't all have the same hunting schedule or planet would they? Anna tells them "only in the hottest years this happens, and this year it grows hot." It would seem that the Preds have visited that particular area several times over untold years, not every century, and not the same Preds. The hundred years thing is probably only for the blooding ritual hunt. They are supposedly drawn to heat and conflict. That means anywhere those two things combine. The heat for the Pred's comfort and conflict so that he can test himself against seasoned fighters from other species. The Pred in P1 was drawn to the heat of the jungle and the conflict between the rebels and whoever they were rebelling against. Harper's team was sent in and got caught in the middle, and Arnie's team did the exact same thing. That's probably why the Pred stayed, so he could collect more trophies since the Green Berets and commandoes were more challenging than the "half-ass mountain boys" as Arnie calls them. If he had killed Arnie's whole team, he probably would've left. That's the way it seems to me.

I agree with Half-Knife and I do wish the P1 survivved the explosion at the end cause if scarface could do it I guess so can him.Probably went insane in the jungles though or maby picked up by the lost hunters if he lived.

It would really be great if the main Pred would survive once in a while. Anytime was pretty messed up, but if he had survived, he could've signalled for a pick-up ship and gotten off Earth. Maybe even fully recovered.

It would really be great if the main Pred would survive once in a while. Anytime was pretty messed up, but if he had survived, he could've signalled for a pick-up ship and gotten off Earth. Maybe even fully recovered.
I always thought that the Predator 2 survived the whole battle, sure he lost a hand and needed some stiching, but after some blue liquid stuff he's back on his feet.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back