how I spent my weekend ..or ant-men, broken sabers and stormtroopers

Got bored and created an iconic scene...

003.jpg 005.jpg 004.jpg

bought a Kylo Ren Saber from Etsy but it arrived in pieces so I'm rpairing it and I'll probably give it a repaint to more closely match the movie

008.jpg007.jpg 006.jpg

Finally built a Stormtrooper Lightsaber "highly based on Jango Fett from FX-Sabers found here "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScUbgUc8eCg"

This is my version...

011.jpg 010.jpg 009.jpg
comments critiques welcome

Thanx

JS

We had the exact same thing happen to the Kylo Ren saber that we ordered from Etsy. I take it that your's was shipped in a bubble mailer too?

Yes, Yes it was....Did you get it from Multiform 3D?, I thought maybe if I politely asked them what glue would work best to repair it he/ they would tell me that they would send me a new one...but nope, they just told me to glue it with Gorilla Glue

Last edited by a moderator:
No, we ordered from someone else but it was shipped in a bubble mailer and snapped in half in almost the exact same place. I've been trying to figure out how to fix it. I'm not sure what glues work on ABS. I've never had much luck using Gorilla Glue.

3D printed from ABS? Normally I would recommend products like Weldon#3, but because it is rough surface at the break, you might need a thicker solvent glue like Weldone#16. .
You could (maybe) paint the surfaces with acetone and press them together. It may fuse the parts. X-Robots uses acetone to fuse his ABS 3D printed parts together and seems to get good results. In his videos, he paints both surfaces and presses and clamps. Once the acetone has evaporated, the parts appear to be fused.

No, we ordered from someone else but it was shipped in a bubble mailer and snapped in half in almost the exact same place. I've been trying to figure out how to fix it. I'm not sure what glues work on ABS. I've never had much luck using Gorilla Glue.

O.K. in retrospect it was probably common sense but.....DO NOT USE HOT GLUE...not only did it not hold very well but it warped the darn thing :(

- - - Updated - - -

The ant-man build is awesome!

Thank You, I thought it turned out kinda cool, I just wish I had more cars for the train:D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back