How good is the battle damaged Maul FX?

<div class='quotetop'>(Luisiana Jones @ May 25 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]1250346[/snapback]</div>
Any good guys? review? video? thx.
Ps. it sux, get the full version? :p
[/b]

Well, having held it in my hands and twirled it around a bit, it has a nice weight and seems to be very accurate in it's scale and details. I will say that I like it better as the full version, just felt way cooler. :angry

I saw one directly out of the box at the MN Prop Party. Biggest problem: It ain't all metal. The 'connical' piece leading to the round disks emitter is PLASTIC. It's quite obviously plastic. So. You get what you pay for.

Jay

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedi Lawja @ May 26 2006, 06:47 PM) [snapback]1251151[/snapback]</div>
I saw one directly out of the box at the MN Prop Party. Biggest problem: It ain't all metal. The 'connical' piece leading to the round disks emitter is PLASTIC. It's quite obviously plastic. So. You get what you pay for.

Jay
[/b]

eeww... plastic :unsure

I thought the battle damaged one was just a onsey of the dual blade. I have the dual and its solid metal in construction. One of the nicest pieces in terms of scale yet. The sound is great. Only issue is with the blades together, its huge piece, definately swinging that one outside only. :)

I like the maul hilts. Pretty cool. They feel very solid. The sounds are not accurate - could be better IMO. Plus the blade is dim. They went to AAA batts, which doesnt help the issue. I like the hilts but want louder sound and brighter blades. So I'm busy retrofitting mine. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back