How do you paint a RAW p1 mask?

aaron1126

I just got my RAW P1 mask. I am ready to go buy what ever matierals I need to paint it, but I dont know what type of paint or what supplies I will need. Advice please.

It all depends on your budget and what type of paint job you want . I use spray paints(krylon) or rub and buff(for metal finish) and I also have sand paper in hand to remove any burrs and smooth out areas.along with aves epoxy or any other type of filler(bondo,rondo) just in case I have to build up an specific area
also don't forget to buy a primer and last but not least don't forget to wash your bio with warm soapy water to remove the mold release before paint .
Most of my bios come already paint and the ones that don't ICE(Jeff) has paint them for me.
But I'm sure more knowledgeable people will chime in and help you with your query
Lem

Its the actual head. And Honestly I dont know if its latex or resin. It smells like chocolate if that helps lol. Here is a pic.

204427_168246666565089_100001392709876_394171_3209381_o.jpg

xdmray it is Latex. Thanks for the tip. lifeburn thank you for the links. I am going to buy an airbrush first thing in the morning from "Michaels"

I see you used "prosaide" or somthing like that. Why do you use this? Where do I get that besides online? I think the only thing that is clear to me right now is that "Permia Wet" lol that you said you are going to use on your 2nd tutorial. Awesome Job btw.

I will post pictures tonight of the airbrush and paints I bought and you guys can tell me yay or nay from there. The airbrush and hose itself was 159.99..so its gotta be good right lol

I see you used "prosaide" or somthing like that. Why do you use this? Where do I get that besides online? I think the only thing that is clear to me right now is that "Permia Wet" lol that you said you are going to use on your 2nd tutorial. Awesome Job btw.

I will post pictures tonight of the airbrush and paints I bought and you guys can tell me yay or nay from there. The airbrush and hose itself was 159.99..so its gotta be good right lol
oh yea for that price it should be above average

Here are some pictures of the airbrush model badger 155-7 and the paints I got also. I don't know if the paint is the correct type. I didnt open then in case I need to exchange for different paint. What do you guys think?

20110425205908.jpg

20110425205920.jpg

20110425205927.jpg

20110425205937.jpg

SO just to make sure I know the correct order to start painting... I need a base coat of some sort so the paint stays on correctly? Like prosaid or I also have been reading some people are mixing rubber cement with something else?

Then I can start airbrushing the mask?

After I am completely finished I can use permiawet on it to give the mask a wet look?

Please any help will be appreciated.

SO just to make sure I know the correct order to start painting... I need a base coat of some sort so the paint stays on correctly? Like prosaid or I also have been reading some people are mixing rubber cement with something else?

Then I can start airbrushing the mask?

After I am completely finished I can use permiawet on it to give the mask a wet look?

Please any help will be appreciated.

You need Proadhesive or prosadie. I prefer proadhesive because it is a thinner consistency. FXWarehouseinc. com used to sell proadhesive. Monstermakers sells permawet. You want to keep the surface sticky so you will have to apply more than 1 layer of prosaide. I usually apply 5-7 layers sometimes more. Just depends on how many layers of paint you spray. You will also want to get some 99%alcohol.... it probably wont mix well with the white inks but the other colors it should be ok. The alcohol will make the inks bite into the prosaide.
Good luck and take a ton of pics.

~Mel

You need Proadhesive or prosadie. I prefer proadhesive because it is a thinner consistency. FXWarehouseinc. com used to sell proadhesive. Monstermakers sells permawet. You want to keep the surface sticky so you will have to apply more than 1 layer of prosaide. I usually apply 5-7 layers sometimes more. Just depends on how many layers of paint you spray. You will also want to get some 99%alcohol.... it probably wont mix well with the white inks but the other colors it should be ok. The alcohol will make the inks bite into the prosaide.
Good luck and take a ton of pics.

~Mel

Can I only get this online? Like does a craft store such as michaels or hobby lobby have this stuff proadhesive? lol I am so anxious to start painting

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back