how do you folks get rid of your seams

skunk

I've looked through the whole help section as the search wasn't throwing up any results lol.....so I thought i'd ask.
As the topic says.....i'd like to know if anyone has any secret methods of getting rid of your seams in latex.
For the bulk of the flashing scissors or a craft knife I know.....and I have a dremel but i'm not sure what tool to use in it.
Any help with this would be appreciated folks.
Thanks in advance.
Lee

I always try to get my seems as far back as possible on the head, so when dreds are on you cannot see them unless you go looking. so i only use scissors to trim as close as possible.

You can use a COTTON wheel on a dremel i vaguely remember, but if you have neck skin detail and you want your seems gone completely, you will have to spend some time patching with latex, to try and blend the details into each other around the seem.

i saw a trick to stretch the latex out and then cut. this will make it lower the the rest. then like Lee said, you will have to go back and fill with latex. takes longer but looks the best.

Thanks guys.....it's mainly the seams on the lower mandibles that i want to get rid of as there is a seamline running right down the middle when viewed face on, the seams on the mask should be pretty well hidden under dreads and neck ring.
Cotton wheel you say?....like a buffer wheel?
The stretching method sounds ok.....but unfortunetely no good for mandibles.
Thanks again

Cotton or felt, i cannot remember which, maybe theres a thred here somewhere.

if not just cut as tight as possible and get a tiny brush with latex on to hide the seam, the brushed on latex will shrink so not be too visible anyway.

I use a bullit tip on my dremmel, its like a cloth material as usurper said
You can find them on ebay, look for rotary tool set, you can get them individually, and you don't have to buy dremel made bits there more expensive, any that'll fit will do.
You'll use the other bits in the set on other projects

Cheers fellas....I tried it this afternoon as I already had some cotton wheel type things that I never had a use for.....until now lol.....and they worked a treat!!
Nice one.
thanks again.

Way in the depths of the huntorial section (which I have scoured at least 3 times XD Cuz I am awesome) Some one said to sponge over seams with latex.

I am thinking of a pourous sponge or a roller. I also think the roller was mentioned on the MR Incredible suit or something of that sort to eliminate seams. It was also pointed out that it gave the proper texture for predskin. :/ I just got back from an extremely long Hiatus though...so I am not exactly sure where these particular topics are.

But I know they are there...way in the depths of tutalage...or whatever. o_O

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back