How do you cut latex skins to fit you?

Lifeburn

Sr Member
I bought a set of Mannowar skins from a friend of mine, he never used them so they're still in the original condition. I put them on and holy **** they are big, and I'm not talking about a loose section here and there, everything is big. The armpits are like 3-4 inches below my actual armpits. So what do I do to make them fit me better? Do I fill the skins with foam? Or do I cut the skins, pull them tighter, then latex back together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

if I was you I would foam them to fit you and the back of the torso can be cut down the back to put a zipper of straps so you can take a bit of from
side to side to fit ya but you can if you want cut them and latex back together depending on how you feel about it and what predator your dressing up as
if your Alien vs predator pred your a beefcake version and if your just plain predator your big but not that big on the torso side but if you want a custom
version just do whats suits you there is always ways to hide trimming skins but I would foam to fit plus you want a bit of room to breath
hope that helps.

not the easiest of replies. Unless you absolutely know what you are doing, you may run into issues using a two part polyfoam. Most foams are best meant to be used while the latex is still in the mold. It will want to keep expanding and can push out and deform the look of the latex ( bulging) many try and quickly spread the foam by hand ..the problem there is that polyfoam is essentially an adhesive ..when touched while expanding, the foam can collapse on itself ..it will then harden ...not giving any room to contour to your body. Skins can be cut at seem lines and repatched using latex strips at those seem points. Seems can then be hidden using what we call cabo patch or "latex bondo" it is made by mixing cabosil ( ground fiberglass) and prosaide, mixed into a paste like consistency ...use a small sculpting spatula, spread the cabo patch over the seem line ..then dab a small sponge of water over this area to remove the excess. the patch will harden into a latex like constancy , making the seem virtually invisible. Best bet however is to cut upholstery foam and spay a light mist of super 77 spray adhesive to both the contact side of the foam and the corresponding area of skin inside the suit ...repeat this ,until the areas of bulk are filled to desire.

hope this helps

-G

I have this same issue....I used the mr incredible method and my suit is a little big after i have just finished paining and all.....what you guys mean by using foam? like a spray foam or what? mine isnt massive but it is big in some places

I have this same issue....I used the mr incredible method and my suit is a little big after i have just finished paining and all.....what you guys mean by using foam? like a spray foam or what? mine isnt massive but it is big in some places

noooooo! not spray foam. That will harden and make nothing but a mess. Two part mixed polyfoam comes in an A and B kit. you mix the given ratio (usually a 1:3 ) ...mix it together very fast..then pour into the latex , usually already cured in the mold. it will then rise very quickly

Concur - - NOT the spray foam. I use a 4lb foam from either SilPak or Burman. I like the Burman foam, but like the container the Silpak comes in. You can't go wrong with either.

As far as customizing the skin. If it's big ALL OVER.... foam it - then tailor specific areas. When foaming, do it is SMALL portions and small areas.... a little at a time. Because the foam is such an adhesive, it sticks to itself with no issue of separation. So, TAKE YOUR TIME. the skins are much easier to foam while they are in the molds, but can be done outside the mold if you TAKE YOUR TIME.... do small areas at a time.... and SMALL portions are you go. OH = did I say that already???? ok good the point is made.

The A & B are measure in a ratio - I'm nto at home at the moment, but I think it's like a 33A to 66B.... but the container if VERY clear as to the ratio. buy yourself a digital scale and measure. Don't try to eyeball this measurement. To do SMALL portions at a time, jsut do the math.

33-66
16.5 - 33
8.25 - 16.5

you get the idea. I measure weight in grams. You don't HAVE to be exact to the .5 gram, but if you want the true density of the foam.......

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back