How do you attach web shooters to a Spidey suit?

ToaOfStone

Hello, all!

As the title suggests, I am curious as to how all you Spidey cosplayers attach your web shooters to the outside of your suits?

I have spent the last couple of days printing and painting a pair of Iron-Spider web shooters to wear to the premier of Endgame and in my excitement forgot to think about how to actually wear the darned things. After some testing I came up with a solution that involved an elastic band hinge, a pair of metal bracelets under my suit, and a mess of rare earth magnets to stick them to said bracelets.

This works for me as they hold on tight with the magnets, and I am not intending to do too many quick movements or flips (not that I could anyway) but does anyone have other methods of attaching web shooters? I don't think I'll be using this method again due to the number of pieces required to make the whole thing work, so any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

58376367_429528497609785_4711274971307966464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
57595582_725515057846131_5914377645440630784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 258
  • image.png
    image.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 261
Magnetic works great, I'm probly going to wear mine to Premier because to busy at work to get my Quantum suit ready.
I'm using elastic on my wrist band, so it maybe taken off or on easy.
I also use elastic or 4 way stretch material at all flex points on my Ironman suit I'm building.

regular shooters work great with a magnet inside the forearm and one on the shooter itself. Ones like those i've attached together with elastic before on each side, allows you to stretch them apart to get your arm in and then also allows for a bit more movement when worn which magnets may just come apart with

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back