How do people make all these spider-man pattern?

Peter Parke 67

So how are all these spider-man patterns being made? I am not talking about editing the free Raimi pattern but rather making it from scratch. What kind of software or process is being used? If they're made on photoshop, do they just design them and hope that everything fits and works perfectly when printed and sewed? Or are they made on some 3d software and then unfolded?
I would really appreciate it if some of my fellow webheads could inlight me on this matter.

So how are all these spider-man patterns being made? I am not talking about editing the free Raimi pattern but rather making it from scratch. What kind of software or process is being used? If they're made on photoshop, do they just design them and hope that everything fits and works perfectly when printed and sewed? Or are they made on some 3d software and then unfolded?
I would really appreciate it if some of my fellow webheads could inlight me on this matter.
The short answer is: it depends.

Some (Like Scratch Threads Patterns) will use a 3D clothing design program like Clo3D, but that can get expensive AND you have to learn how to use it first.

Others will take a Raimi pattern, and add registration marks along the seams. The key is that ALL seams match up with a seam of the SAME length. That means if a line intersects the seam 2 inches from the edge on one side, you can continue the line at 2 inches from the edge on the matching piece of fabric.

Until you get more experienced, you might find the angle of the lines in your design aren't perfect when you get them printed, but there isn't a shortcut. I've been at it for 17 years and I still make mistakes. It's a long road, but not an impossible one.

My advice: Start with simpler designs and work your way up and don't expect perfection or screen accuracy right out of the gate.

Good luck!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back