Question How do I stop RPF sending me "Happy Birthday" messages?

Beery

I just got sent an automated "Happy Birthday" message. When I get one of these, I usually delete my membership from whatever organization sent it. I don't want to do that with the RPF, but I do want to make sure I don't receive any more of these unwanted messages. How do I disable this while still allowing people to see my birthday?

I don't mind people sending me Happy Birthday messages, but I do resent it when software does it.

Eventhough it's a pre-programmed message,I believe the content was sincerely written by the staff and I personally found myself smiling and pleasantly surprised when I received it on my birthday.Aside from that,it's only once a year.

I'm sure though that the staff can help you,so stay tuned:popcorn

Eventhough it's a pre-programmed message,I believe the content was sincerely written by the staff and I personally found myself smiling and pleasantly surprised when I received it on my birthday.Aside from that,it's only once a year.

I'm sure though that the staff can help you,so stay tuned:popcorn
I too appreciate that the staff put forth the effort. It makes me smile to get a message from this place as I see it as a second family.

I believe it is:

Settings ->My Account->General Settings-> Messaging & Notifications
Uncheck “Receive Email from Administrators”
Click "Save Changes"

Keep in mind, but doing this, you aren’t simply stopping things like birthday messaging, but essentially, will limit our ability to contact you even if it were something of greater importance.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back