How do I sculpt a mask if I'm going to put a Grusderkish moving jaws system in it?

Axis177

I'm going to pick up some stuff tomorrow to get to work on a latex mask to fit over a moving mandibles system, and I was just wondering, to make the system work, should I sculpt the mask with the mandibles flared out or closed? I'm worried that if it's closed, it might not be able to open very well, and if it's open, I'm not sure how good it will look closed, so what do you guys think?

Oh, okay, speaking of latex, do I have to make a plaster mold, or can I just apply layers of latex straight to the sculpt?

yo dude, one thing while sculpting, you should sculpt the sin flap between the mandibles a bit more inward toward the mouth enough so it will fold inword not outword. some times his masks turn out a but funky when the skin folds outwords like scars face in AVP

By that, do you mean I should put the system in the mold while pouring the latex or should I just make the mask and then cut a slit in the back and just add the system after pulling the mask?

make the mask then cut a slit in the back and add the system after words, and do it carefully and almost in stages when your puttin it in ;)

yo dude, one thing while sculpting, you should sculpt the sin flap between the mandibles a bit more inward toward the mouth enough so it will fold inword not outword. some times his masks turn out a but funky when the skin folds outwords like scars face in AVP
While I get what you're saying, I don't really see how Scar's face does that, ;) of course, it's extremely hard to find pictures of Scar that aren't toys on Google....

And alright, beast, I'll do that then. One last question, is it really necessary to sculpt "craters" for the dreadlocks or is that just for looks?

While I get what you're saying, I don't really see how Scar's face does that, ;) of course, it's extremely hard to find pictures of Scar that aren't toys on Google....

And alright, beast, I'll do that then. One last question, is it really necessary to sculpt "craters" for the dreadlocks or is that just for looks?
im definatley agreeing with death on this one, fold them inwards a tad

and as for the craters, they are very, very, very helpful in that they make it easier to attach the dreads and the keep the cut in the back of the neck from going to high on the mask, however i would make a rim around the cut/ slit to make it move no more than needed

:lol:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back