How do I remove topic subscriptions?

Cenobyte

Sr Member
I subscribed to 2 different topics to get notifications and I am getting notifications for ALL new topics started.

Please cancel all subscriptions to topics please. This is getting annoying getting an email every time someone posts a new thread.

Thank you

Originally posted by dualedge@Jul 22 2005, 08:32 PM
There's not a way for me to cancel your subscription specifically.

Rob
RPF Staff

Rob, there sure is a way for the Admins to do this...

* The easy way * If you hover over the hyperlink in Cenobyte's post and copy or show the link you will see that Cenobyte is user 262, now that you know there user number it's a simple task to unsubscribe Cenobyte from all topics...

From the Admin control panel - SQL Management - mySQL Toolbox

Pull down the list of database tables and click on the 'ibf_tracker' table...

In the 'Run Query' box there should be this text "SELECT * FROM ibf_tracker" delete that and type this

DELETE from ibf_tracker where member_id = '262'

And then hit the "Run a New Query" button and you should get the message "Query: DELETE from ibf_tracker where member_id = '262' Executed Successfully"

Presto Centobyte (member 262) is unsubscribed from all topics...

Notice in this example I have already inserted the user number 262 in the DELETE script, that can be changed to any members number...

As always there is a little export link to backup the table prior to the edit but as long as you get the right user number there shouldn't be any problems...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back