How do I prepare the Reade engine part for the DL-44?

Triton

Hey guys,

My Reade kit just arrived from Sunny England, and I just wanted to know how this part is supposed to be cut to fit the Denix DL-44?

It doesn't look like it should be cut in half...has anyone done a tutorial for this yet?

Thanks!

Have you read through the ANH Hero DL-44 research thread (all hundred-plus pages of it)? There's debate there as to how much the stems of the pushrods need to be cut for the "iron sights" on the bull barrel. The "catamaran" part isn't used for the DL-44. And you need three engine cylinders to chop up into the magazine grille. It uses the lower, fatter section of each, the bottom third flippped upside down. The upper third is set back slightly from the other two, and the upper and lower sections are both tweaked to a slight rearward angle:

kyrtysoverlaycopy.jpg

Here's the relevant post in the thread I mentioned, and here's the final clear 3D model to show you what it should end up looking like. Read through he whole thing when you have time. It's worth it for understanding this piece and the ones related to it.

--Jonah

Have you read through the ANH Hero DL-44 research thread (all hundred-plus pages of it)? There's debate there as to how much the stems of the pushrods need to be cut for the "iron sights" on the bull barrel. The "catamaran" part isn't used for the DL-44. And you need three engine cylinders to chop up into the magazine grille. It uses the lower, fatter section of each, the bottom third flippped upside down. The upper third is set back slightly from the other two, and the upper and lower sections are both tweaked to a slight rearward angle:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9963/kyrtysoverlaycopy.jpg

Here's the relevant post in the thread I mentioned, and here's the final clear 3D model to show you what it should end up looking like. Read through he whole thing when you have time. It's worth it for understanding this piece and the ones related to it.

--Jonah

Well **** me. Thanks for that info.

I haven't checked the JY recently, so I don't know if there are any of the machined aluminum ones they made floating around. That'd save you some time and headaches... but at the same time it'd be more expensive than getting a couple more Reade parts kits.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back