How do I paint a spandex highlighting the muscles?

Predator of Jax

http://www.superfansuits.com/colors/brown-spandex-suit.html BROWN

http://www.superfansuits.com/colors/gold-spandex-suit.html GOLD

check that out... wild stuff!

Anyways, I was wondering what paint I should look for? I suppose I will need the lighter (beige color) on the dark brown.

Maybe the gold one (hell it looks beige) would work best. That way it's just darkening the rest of the suit for accentuating the muscles.

But uh... all that said, what type of paint (air brush) would I need? I want this to be a damn good 'starter suit' that I'll have for a while.

Sure this has been done before and the results looked great,
Lycra suit
Its where alot of people start, myself included. I'm not sure how hard wearing it is but you can but try.

I believe this might work for you:
Try putting the lycra suit on and then have someone mark off/trace over where your own muscles are, so they will be painted in the right place and flow with your own curves. Start with the darkest values/ shadows and block in the shapes you traced and anywhere else you want to create an illusion of depth. Then work your way towards the lighter values/ highlights over the dark. Add spots. Enjoy.

I believe this might work for you:
Try putting the lycra suit on and then have someone mark off/trace over where your own muscles are, so they will be painted in the right place and flow with your own curves. Start with the darkest values/ shadows and block in the shapes you traced and anywhere else you want to create an illusion of depth. Then work your way towards the lighter values/ highlights over the dark. Add spots. Enjoy.

yea, that sounds like a plan, man.

to get it 'as good' as i can, i would probably need to put the suit over a mannequin after the nuscle highlights, yea?

i guess that questions obvious... my bad! ill need the fibers to stretch anyway. what kind of airbrush kit would you suggest, man? noob with good 'paper artistic skills' over here..

yea, that sounds like a plan, man.

to get it 'as good' as i can, i would probably need to put the suit over a mannequin after the nuscle highlights, yea?

i guess that questions obvious... my bad! ill need the fibers to stretch anyway. what kind of airbrush kit would you suggest, man? noob with good 'paper artistic skills' over here..

-That answer I will leave to someone who airbrushes regularly. I do know that the Iwata and Paasche airbrushes are popular and highly regarded, depending on who you ask. You can also get a ready to go basic kit if you're on a budget. Check out both the Huntorials, Materials, and the rest of the Skulls, Heads and Skins threads; there is plenty of Q&A and discussion on airbrushing. Make friends with Mr. Search box.

This is just me and my opinion, but I would rather just go ahead and spend the dime on a quality piece of equipment to start off with.

Good luck

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back