HOW DO I MODIFY A MANNEQUIN FOR VADER ????

Bountyhunter Niko

Hi there Guys.

IÂ’m starting to modify a mannequin to display a Vader. I have brought a cheap mannequin. I have plans to extend the waist where the two halfÂ’s join. Also extend the arms at the elbow. And the legs at the knee. How would you do it ? The arms I have some idea about. But what would you use to put between the bottom half and top half of the mannequin?

Thanx , Niko.

<div class='quotetop'>(Bountyhunter Niko @ Jun 2 2006, 07:05 AM) [snapback]1254695[/snapback]</div>
Hi there Guys.

IÂ’m starting to modify a mannequin to display a Vader. I have brought a cheap mannequin. I have plans to extend the waist where the two halfÂ’s join. Also extend the arms at the elbow. And the legs at the knee. How would you do it ? The arms I have some idea about. But what would you use to put between the bottom half and top half of the mannequin?

Thanx , Niko.
[/b]

I used wooden spacers cut to shape. I used 1" thick MDF and cut the spacers out with a jigsaw. Add a couple of spacers if needs be, as long as you don't throw the proportions of the mannequin off too much. Then make it secure with industrial strength duck tape, or fiberglass it all together if you wish.

Hi

I modified my mannequin to slim it down and bend at the arms using fibreglass and body filler (bondo). It gets messy but it's really strong.

Mannequins in the right pose don't come off the shelf :( It will be some work but it will be worth it in the end.

Steve

I'm planning on doing the same thing on MINE. It separates at the waist, so I plan on adding about 2 inches of plywood there. I will separate it first, trace the waist shape on the plywood, and cut it with a jigsaw. I've never tried bondo, but maybe that would be good for this.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back