How do I make a mask sculpt base?

Alucard1

Hey gang, I'm going to be working on a new sculpt soon and want to make a new base to work on. I've tried searching the forum and youtube and can't seem to find the information that I need. I need a base like uratz studios, but donot now how to make one. Could you guys tell me how?
bone_hunter_v2_helmet_wip2_by_michaelloh-d3k4wgw.jpg

what mike did as use wire to form a rough shaped armature and then used plaster bandages to cover it... then simply began adding clay to it.
He had a picture tutorial of it somewhere but not sure where

im looking for it in previous posts but thats defo how he did it there. I also know cause he sent me 2 of his old armatures before he made the new 1s. thats a long long time ago. Otherwise if u have a current mask, what u can do is lay cling film(cerran wrap) on the mask then use plaster bandages to take a quick rough mold of the masks shape, then just sculpt on it, it'll have the masks shape naturally and allow you to sculpt according to those guides

I made mine by draping plaster bandages over my latex pred mask. after you get a thin dried layer. remove the mask and then add more bandages and foam to strengthen the armature.

That's how I made mine. But I wouldn't do that way again aside from the fact it isn't very strong, crumbling bits of plaster contaminated the clay, when I reused it for another sculpt I was constantly picking out bits of plaster.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back