How do i i foam the head?

SIL3NTHUNT3R

Could someone please direct me in the right direction in how to foam the inside of the mask. Any advise or illustrated pics would be great.

plenty of ppl have asked this before and plenty of answers have been given, check out the huntorials section or check out that really cool feature at the top of your page, search i think it's called

Also, don't be that guy that says " I'm tired of all you telling me to use the search engine, just help me! I'm leaving!"

Because that's ******* stupid. Look, just clarification, no one's attacking you, we're just pointing you to the right direction. Just thought I'd put that out there before you (or anyone else) does it. :I

So I was looking around on how to foam the inside of a latex mask, and the only posts related to my query are posts like this, where people just tell you to use the search feature. I realize everyone should use the search, but the forums are almost at a point of critical mass, where your searches yeild almost every thread. So with that said, can anybody link me to how to foam the inside of a mask? lol

Notice how the original poster never posted again. So either he's reading a lot or you guys has scared him off!

Only time will tell...

You know, I've never really needed to look up how to do this, but that was a great link. Thanks predatrhuntr for pointing it out.
Mike

Thanks PredatrHuntr, that's the same one I was going to post... Post #6 in that thread.

You know, I'm really getting tired of seeing people jump down the throat of Noobs, with the response "Search Engine" or "You've posted this in the wrong place". Before you post your response "Search Engine, Noob", try it yourself. The search engine on this site SUCKS! I did a search to find the link that PredatrHuntr posted... Took me 25 minutes to find it... Not that I wanted to waste 25 minutes on it, but just to prove my own point that unless you type in the exact correct sequence of words into the query, you'll get every result but the one you're looking for.

What really ticks me off is that the people who are constantly jumping on Noobs about using the search engine or posting in the wrong place (I'm surprised that one didn't also come up in this thread) are the people who constantly PM me directly with questions of their own. There are 4 people specifically in this thread alone that have PM'd me in the last couple months with MANY How-to questions that I've taken a lot of time to give as much help to as I can, and I never once pointed anyone in the direction of the Search function.

This was the guys first post... Did you ever stop to think how excited you were when you found the Lair? How many questions you had? How many of you asked your first question without ever looking through the search engine first? Hell, maybe someone on another forum directed him to us, saying "These guys are the best costume forum on the web, they'll be able to answer your question." And what does he get... "Search Engine, NOOB" ... What a ****** way to represent.

This forum (and the old Lair) used to be about helping one another out, and unfortunately, I'm seeing less and less of that these days. When I first joined the old Lair, I had a lot of the same questions that some of the noobs on the new Lair have, some of the same questions that I get almost daily, and fortunately, there were a handful of people who had answers to share with me back then, and did so gladly. I enjoy helping people out whenever I can and will continue to do so, and all I ask in return is if you PM me, asking me for help, pay it forward and help someone else out instead of being an ass about it.

Thanks PredatrHuntr, that's the same one I was going to post... Post #6 in that thread.

You know, I'm really getting tired of seeing people jump down the throat of Noobs, with the response "Search Engine" or "You've posted this in the wrong place". Before you post your response "Search Engine, Noob", try it yourself. The search engine on this site SUCKS! I did a search to find the link that PredatrHuntr posted... Took me 25 minutes to find it... Not that I wanted to waste 25 minutes on it, but just to prove my own point that unless you type in the exact correct sequence of words into the query, you'll get every result but the one you're looking for.

What really ticks me off is that the people who are constantly jumping on Noobs about using the search engine or posting in the wrong place (I'm surprised that one didn't also come up in this thread) are the people who constantly PM me directly with questions of their own. There are 4 people specifically in this thread alone that have PM'd me in the last couple months with MANY How-to questions that I've taken a lot of time to give as much help to as I can, and I never once pointed anyone in the direction of the Search function.

This was the guys first post... Did you ever stop to think how excited you were when you found the Lair? How many questions you had? How many of you asked your first question without ever looking through the search engine first? Hell, maybe someone on another forum directed him to us, saying "These guys are the best costume forum on the web, they'll be able to answer your question." And what does he get... "Search Engine, NOOB" ... What a ****** way to represent

This forum (and the old Lair) used to be about helping one another out, and unfortunately, I'm seeing less and less of that these days. When I first joined the old Lair, I had a lot of the same questions that some of the noobs on the new Lair have, some of the same questions that I get almost daily, and fortunately, there were a handful of people who had answers to share with me back then, and did so gladly. I enjoy helping people out whenever I can and will continue to do so, and all I ask in return is if you PM me, asking me for help, pay it forward and help someone else out instead of being an ass about it.

Amen brother!
I would add to this thread but the gospel has been said!

If you're going to take your precious time to:
1. Click on the post;
2. Read the post;
3. And point out the painfully obvious fact that he hasn't used the search engine;
then why don't you go ahead and find a link or post something useful instead of making yourself look like a complete McDick?

Sorry, person-who-posted-this-whose-name-eludes-me-at-this-moment. I don't have any useful tips for you, as I am also a newbie. Good luck, though. ;)

i would hope people would have a little more to say than just use the search engine.....searching brought them here....

being the recpient of hundreds of PM's and emails asking about certain things i try to take the time to answer the questions...

hell i don't know everything but i am at least considerate of the enthusiam newbies show to forum.

is that too much to ask from folks who have been here longer?... and possibly asked the same questions.

AM

You know, this is a disturbing trend that seems to be rampant in ALL forums these days. Whatever happened to helping each other? Is that not the point of coming to a forum in the first place? To share ideas and knowledge and the common love of the hobby!

Instead some people feel the need to jump on new posters and tear a strip off them for asking a valid question. How about cutting them some slack and offering up some helpful info in a respectful way or else just ignore the post and say nothing if you have nothing positive to contribute.

We were all noobs once and didn't have all the answers, remember?

Just take a moment and think about that before you jump down someones throat

I'm going to set a ground rule for anyone who thinks its ok to say "use the search button".

There are certain members who think its ok to say this and not offer any support.

From now on let's offer up help to find those useful threads or not say anything at all.

This place has a HUGE archive of "how to" but unfortunately the search doesn't work as well as we would like it to.

If someone is asking how they can attach dreads, post a reply with the link or tell them how.

No more of this "find it yourself n00b" ********.

The "find it yourself n00b" treatment is why I stopped asking how to do whatever that has something to do with predator costume making. I find that the search button doesn't work well at all. and when I got the "look for it yourself" answer I felt unwelcome and as a result I stopped asking and when I come on here now I use the invisible log in now. ;)

sounds like this thread has served it's purpose.....kind of a wake up call to the "elders" of the lair to help others out...

Very cool guys ;)

i can see whare both sides are coming from but im not going to try and be a smart alek but its simple enough to check the top headings and navigate around them as im relativly new here myself and i have found my way around here on my own and im still learning whare a lot of stuff is and isnt at.
im not treading on anyones toes but you both do have valid points but its not nice to hear the elders tell off the new members and also for those of us that are new (you can read the topic threads and stop being lazy and asking otheres,whare as you have a perfectly good set of eyes and a brain that you were born with so please use them)

im trying to be diplomatic here and like i said i see whare both sides are coming from and i hope both sides see whare im coming from?

from chestbuster-bebo

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back