How do I fix a warped resin Vader helmet?

Fanofstarwars

I'm getting a Vader helmet that is made with resin but comes warped but at cheaper price, before I buy it I need to know how I can go about fixing it. Here are the images I received from the seller of how much damage is the helmet

Attachments

• IMG_3181.JPG
    IMG_3181.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3182.JPG
    IMG_3182.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3183.JPG
    IMG_3183.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 142
The pics have been taken so close it's tough to tell what is warpage and what is just perspective distortion from the camera lens. You can fix warped resin with heat, a heat gun will do the trick. Before you blast away at it though take a good look at some other helmets; it can be a shock for people new to Vader to see just how asymmetrical the mask is. This is not a flaw, it's just how Vader really looked.

hair dryer and/or hot-ish water MIGHT help you bend/push the warp-age back into shape, to some degree, but there is no guarantee it will be 100% to your liking, usually resin are very rigid and brittle..........

depends on the defect, it might be simpler just to slap on some putty and sand away

hair dryer and/or hot-ish water MIGHT help you bend/push the warp-age back into shape, to some degree, but there is no guarantee it will be 100% to your liking, usually resin are very rigid and brittle..........

depends on the defect, it might be simpler just to slap on some putty and sand away

i think mostly the neck needs fixing, so I should just leave it and just work on building it?

Its hard to tell since the photos are too close to the subject. But from what I see there is no warpage on this helmet. That is all the original asymmetry seen on vaders helmet.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back