Question How do I completely remove images / pictures from a post? (answered)

Probe Droid

Master Member
How do I completely remove pix I've posted in responses so that they no longer appear even as thumbnails. I want them 100% gone.

Thanks.

Re: How do I completely remove pix in responses?

How do I completely remove pix I've posted in responses so that they no longer appear even as thumbnails. I want them 100% gone.

Thanks.
Here are the complete instructions.

1) Click "Edit" at the bottom of your post

2) Click "More Reply Options" at the bottom of the edit window

3) Click "Manage Attachments" under the "Attachments" heading bellow the edit window

4) Put your cursor on the image that you want to remove

5) Click the "X" that appears in the upper right corner of the image

6) Click "OK" to remove the image

7) Click the "X" in the upper right corner of the "Manage Attachments" window to close it... NOTE: clicking "Done" will not close the window

Question: Removing photos

I've had a minor problem removing pics I've posted to a thread. In FAQ it says to click on, 'edit photos' but I don't see that anywhere and am unable to remove them, I was only able to remove my posted text. I've had a fellow member whose thread I've posted pics and what-not and evidently my input was unappreciated, though there was nothing wrong or rude about what I had posted, was only trying to contribute. I would like to completely remove everything I posted in hopes that, that will satisfy the member. I'm not here to **** anyone off.

Re: Question: Removing photos

I've had a minor problem removing pics I've posted to a thread. In FAQ it says to click on, 'edit photos' but I don't see that anywhere and am unable to remove them, I was only able to remove my posted text. I've had a fellow member whose thread I've posted pics and what-not and evidently my input was unappreciated, though there was nothing wrong or rude about what I had posted, was only trying to contribute. I would like to completely remove everything I posted in hopes that, that will satisfy the member. I'm not here to **** anyone off.
Please refer to post #2 in this thread.

Re: Question: Removing photos

well I was looking at that yesterday as well, I get as far as cursor on image, but there isn't any "X" in the upper right corner, only a "?" which isn't doing anything? call me stupid cause I probably am :confused
Please refer to post #2 in this thread.

there is a "select all" at the bottom of the page, and I've tried working with that and can't get it to do anything either...I'm really stupid evidently.
Here are the complete instructions.

1) Click "Edit" at the bottom of your post

2) Click "More Reply Options" at the bottom of the edit window

3) Click "Manage Attachments" under the "Attachments" heading bellow the edit window

4) Put your cursor on the image that you want to remove

5) Click the "X" that appears in the upper right corner of the image

6) Click "OK" to remove the image

7) Click the "X" in the upper right corner of the "Manage Attachments" window to close it... NOTE: clicking "Done" will not close the window

there is a "select all" at the bottom of the page, and I've tried working with that and can't get it to do anything either...I'm really stupid evidently.
The images that are attach to the post that you are editing are located under the "Attachments" heading at the bottom of the "Manage Attachments" popup window. Please your cursor on one of those images and you will see the "X". You can check the "Select All" option if you want to remove all of the attached images but you will still need to put your cursor on one of the images to get the "X" to appear.

Montagar,
I figured it out, only the pics at the lower part of the window for that particular posting, show the X for removal. Sorry to have been so troubling. Again, thank you for your help
The images that are attach to the post that you are editing are located under the "Attachments" heading at the bottom of the "Manage Attachments" popup window. Please your cursor on one of those images and you will see the "X". You can check the "Select All" option if you want to remove all of the attached images but you will still need to put your cursor on one of the images to get the "X" to appear.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back