How did you do your screw details on Iron Man helmet?

Malico

Getting close to putting some primer on this thing, still have several hours of final detailing. I am debating if I want to do the screw details or not and I have not seen any good guides on it. Anyone have any insight on how they did theirs?

Screenshot_4_23_18__12_33_PM.jpg

This comes from more observation than actual implementation, but one way is to use an actual screw head. Just drill an appropriate sized and depth hole, cut off a screw head, glue in and voila!

I ended up going the 3D printed route, made my own. I am going to put up a little post about it here to help others along with the files to print their own.

In my build I am going for movie accurate and quality, so I wanted it to look at matching as possible. When you can't find something they way you want it online, time to engineer some!

I took this high res photo I found online of the helmet screw and created my own from it.

iron-man-2-movie-image-22_jpg__JPEG_Image__3000 × 2000_pixels_.jpg

Here is my 3D printed version in my helmet (still under construction)

Screenshot_4_28_18__11_42_AM.jpg

If anyone is interested in using them, feel free! I have made the STL files available on Thingiverse.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2877751

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back