How could I make a full size replica of Blade Runner’s 2049 spinner?

Lunsfuhd

This is a ridiculous request but there is a project I’m working on where I want to recreate K’s spinner (non functioning) but full size interior and exterior.

Any idea on how I could even start this adventure?
0C4A5C8C-C5FA-4707-B419-3541CE868620.jpeg

Now this would be amazing to see and forgive me I would not even know where to start but would love to watch the progress. :)

Start by searching for pictures, drawings and blueprints which show the different 'faces' of the vehicle then carefully measure and scale those into full-sized plans. The more work you put in at this stage the better the final result will be. From there create a wooden frame to scale and clad it with hardboard or styrene sheets which are flexible enough to form the simple curves of the actual prop.

Last edited:
This is a long and complicated work. Videos on YouTube on how to build, from scratch, a vehicle. Yes: detailed blue-prints, accurate measurements, wooden frame, etc...you could also use expending foam to fill the wooden frame and shape it to make the forms and lines of the car. Then, it`s fiberglass on top of that, lots of it to make sure you can sand, Bondo, and sand some more until you achieve the final look.

Wood would be ok if it were sitting on the ground, but if it were ever suspended, it would need a metal frame.

TazMan2000

Yeah it is. According to the maker he has done some prototype designs for films including a design he submitted for the terminator robot bike thing in the Christian Bale film and he did a full size Akira bike built around an electric mobility scooter. 11 foot long and road legal by all accounts. I want one of those for when my legs eventually stop working.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back