How can I watch BBC TV in America?

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There are some options out there from what I have read, but wanted to get some input from those who have had experience watching BBC content in the US.

They have it on Direct TV.
I do not know which Cable TV companies have it but since Direct TV is owned by AT&T it is also probably on U-verse as well.
Mobius

DTV is probably the only one of the bunch that doesn't offer it in HD. I wish they'd get their act together on that.

BBC America is one option. You also can find a lot of BBC programming (and other UK programming) on Netflix Instant and/or their regular DVD program.

I watch BBC America, but they edit the shows with so many commercial breaks...who knows what they edit out on Top Gear or Doctor Who...

We already have BBC-A, but it seems like it's a "Top Gear" channel with the occasional episode of Doctor Who and Kitchen Nightmares.

They've been running other dramas like Luther and such, but yeah, loooooots of Top Gear and Ramsey's ***king Kitchen ***king **** Nightf**kmares.

A lot of that stuff is available on Netflix Instant, too.

'BBC America' is a very misleading name in any case, since half the stuff they show isn't even produced by the Beeb, including aforementioned Ramsey shows.

Time Warner Cable here has BBC America but I'm not sure of the station, my folks watch Dr Who on it all the time.

I'm a member of a private UK produced content only torrent site, certainly not on the up and up but it gets me everything I need...

It seems theyre offering more shows like Solo said with their Drama-ville and what not. Luther is pretty good, Luther = British Vic Mackey lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back