Question how can I turn off email underline and blue color

animefan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
When I send my email address through pm it automatically gets under lined and turns blue. Can I turn this off? My email has a underscore in it and people are getting confused with this automatic under line thing :(

I've also had the exact problem when I've sent my email for PayPal to someone.

My email has an underscore and they were not seeing it and sending money to the wrong PayPal.

I've also had the exact problem when I've sent my email for PayPal to someone.

My email has an underscore and they were not seeing it and sending money to the wrong PayPal.

Yes that's what unfortunately been happing with mine. Im hoping something can be done to avoid the trouble it is causing.

It's not at your end. It's the receiver's applications that are recognizing the email address and adding the underline (usually) make it a hyperlink.

They should be selecting the address, copy and pasting, not flipping between tabs or apps and retyping. Not much else can be done unless you want to start the old fashion "spam-proof" way of:

My_name @ place.com (please remove the spaces between the @)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back