How About Creating a List of RPFer's ebay Handles?

Darkknight0667

Sr Member
I know that if I recognize a fellow RPFer's name as someone that is bidding on an item, I usually won't bid against them out of courtesy. Unfortunately, not all of us use the same name for ebay as we do for the boards.

Would it be possible to create a listing of people's ebay handles so that when looking to bid on pieces that already have bids, we can see whether the person we're potentially bidding against is a fellow RPFer?

A side benefit of this would be that folks could use the list as a tool to research the ebay feedback rating (if one exists) of Junkyard sellers they're looking to possibly buy from.

We've gone ahead and made a field in every member's profile for Ebay Usernames. Members can edit their profile and add their Ebay identity. Keep in mind people can search that too by toggling "more options" on the "Members" page.

We haven't announced it yet... so go ahead and give it a spin. :)

It doesn't seem to work. I try to enter my user name into the field and I get an error message that says I've entered too much information into that field. I can get "darkknight066" before it gives me that message. Is there any way to expand the number of allowable digits?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back