How About Creating a List of RPFer's ebay Handles?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Darkknight0667

Sr Member
I know that if I recognize a fellow RPFer's name as someone that is bidding on an item, I usually won't bid against them out of courtesy. Unfortunately, not all of us use the same name for ebay as we do for the boards.

Would it be possible to create a listing of people's ebay handles so that when looking to bid on pieces that already have bids, we can see whether the person we're potentially bidding against is a fellow RPFer?

A side benefit of this would be that folks could use the list as a tool to research the ebay feedback rating (if one exists) of Junkyard sellers they're looking to possibly buy from.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

rocketeer25

Sr Member
We've gone ahead and made a field in every member's profile for Ebay Usernames. Members can edit their profile and add their Ebay identity. Keep in mind people can search that too by toggling "more options" on the "Members" page.

We haven't announced it yet... so go ahead and give it a spin. :)

Darkknight0667

Sr Member
It doesn't seem to work. I try to enter my user name into the field and I get an error message that says I've entered too much information into that field. I can get "darkknight066" before it gives me that message. Is there any way to expand the number of allowable digits?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.