How a supernatural prop saved my butt today

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Weirdly enough, I tend to think of props as just that, props. It almost never occurs to me that some of the things we take for granted are actually other items with actual purposes.

Last night, a tree fell on my truck. Small but still too damned big to move by myself. I finally got it off the truck and ended up with a completely blocked driveway and no way to leave the house, as the tree was behind my truck.

I got out the garden shears and branch trimmers and went to work on it, and got most of it cleaned up or off, but the actual tree itself was too big for the trimmers and shears, and still weighed too much for me to drag to the side.

I spent a good majority of the morning just kind of ranting and being peeved overall, especially considering about 2 weeks ago I sent back a Cold Steel machete to amazon because the blade wasn't made very well. The only other saw type thing I own is a bandsaw, not exactly the tool needed for tree removal.

Lo and behold, while moving some other stuff, I came across a Supernatural prop I had bought last year. I found a machete that looked pretty close to what was used on the show (not exact, but hell, for 12$ and free shipping I wasn't complaining) and had just set it up in the corner of the prop room, completely forgotten.

Grabbed it, went outside, and about 10 mins of whacking and cussing (stop giggling) I managed to cut a big enough hunk off the tree to give my truck room to move, and me room to back out and go get some food :)

So, basically, without my love of Supernatural props I'd have been stuck waiting for either my brother to come bring me a chainsaw, or making a LONG trek to the store on foot to go buy one.

And that, my friends, is how a prop saved my butt today.

Chris

^^ this!
show that spoils of that victory. haha

this was at night too? because if i were driving by and saw someone hacking away with a machete, that would trip me out

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back