how a green, bubble filled plastic rock made me giggle like a schoolgirl

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
yep..

i do tech support.

im on the phone virtually all the time i am at work.

we multitask by browsing the net while waiting for computers to load, tv's to work, etc.

this... much like superman, is my bane. it made me bust out giggling while on a call since i never, EVER expected it to be made or released.

[attachmentid=8565]

ah well... still psyched :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

chris

C'Mon, let me be the first. Let me be the first to say that after 16,332 posts, I've FINALLY read a post by Hydin that was of value.

Good work Chris. :)

I may just have to get a few of those, as they are too cool.

hey, my semi daily percocet kidney stone rants were damned important.

;)

but yea, i foresee me spending at least a good big chunk of change on these things. making a big rock that shines :D

chris

I giggled at the title of this thread, as for the rocks I am not really that impressed, perhaps I am missing something.

Green, bubble filled plastic rock?
George Lucas must be involived.
This is just to much.

Everybody get your "green, bubble filled plastic rock" today before they sell out.

I think they have a shot for that condition.

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Frett @ Jun 18 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]1263506[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
I giggled at the title of this thread [/b]

Same here :)

Chris, I am glad you found the crystals :thumbsup
[/b][/quote]

Wow. how much? I thought everyone on this board was against microbubbles in their crystals never mind huge ones. I guess it is all in the packaging and if you have a license what is allowed to slide. This is not a negative comment but just and observation. I'm glad to see the the tide is turning.
FXhound
these were trials with light sticks and different color crystals that I was playing with years ago. Large bubbles sure would have dispersed the light more evenly without shape of the light source being scene as in the actual crystal from the movie. That crystal is actually very cloudy with bubbles.
LIGHTTRIALScopy.jpg

emailkal-elLITCRYCOMP.jpg

to be honest, im not thrilled with the bubbles, but the fact they are making a superman kryptonite replica at ALL, much less one that has the ability to be lit up pretty easily plus glows neon green.... dude it just doesnt get any better.

a movie "maker" crystal (since it tends to make everything) lit up with bubbles is a pain, cause each one is like a little star in there somewhere.

a bubbleish cheap off the shelf kryptonite piece that works off glowsticks is just... awesome. they nailed the color, plus the only other official replicas were literally rocks painted with glow in the dark paint. not really "crystal" looking at all. these, at least, have that crystal look. the bubbles honestly help this out as the plastic, if it was 100% clear, wouldnt glow worth a damn with that glowstick.

retail so far seems to be about 10.00~ or so. im sure they will be a dollar or so cheaper at the bigger retail or costume stores.

its friggin brilliant. its like making a reeve style movie costume and your costume accessory is the necklace luthor made in the first movie. batman always gets batarangs, spear guns, etc. joker gets pistols and fedoras. superman gets pretty shafted in the costume accessory dept.

this is gonna be sweet :D

chris

hey... a mans gotta do what hes gotta do to protect his pizzas from wandering aliens :p

btw, id like to clarify, "maker" crystal means the one clark lobs out into the ice to make the fortress. the costume/kryptonite shards im talking about are what the threads about.

cant wait till friday (payday.) :D

if anyone sees these at a TRU or something in the mean time, please let me know. id love to avoid paying shipping charges if its something that can be found semi locally.

one big friggin k meteor coming soon, 3rd or 4th quarter 06 :lol

chris

Thats toooo funny,

Well in any case if anyone is interested in the ones Fxhound used to offer LMK as of this date I won the molds and they will be bubble free. I also own the Tri- Base mold and I'll be pumping them out also. They will be kits and all the goodies are in my hands.
TY Fxhound

Lance
TR2640

<div class='quotetop'>(maniacman7 @ Jun 18 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]1263624[/snapback]</div>
Thats toooo funny,

Well in any case if anyone is interested in the ones Fxhound used to offer LMK as of this date I won the molds and they will be bubble free. I also own the Tri- Base mold and I'll be pumping them out also. They will be kits and all the goodies are in my hands.
TY Fxhound

Lance
TR2640
[/b]

Go for it Lance. I can't wait to see them. Good luck.
fxhound

Got mine today. Here are some pics. The plastic is not rigid - it is soft plastic much like a thick walled shampoo bottle.

Oops - had to delete some previous pics. Here they are (hopefully).

Paul ë¿ô

damn that is cool.....

i am hoping to order 2 of these later in the week. i think i will take a sanding pad to one of them to scuff it up a lot. that should help the "HERE IS A BRIGHT GREEN LIGHT IN THE CENTER" look.

very very cool though. where did you get yours from?

chris

cool.... got mine today :D

[attachmentid=8841]

man, i had no idea this thing was as big as it was. the glow stick itself is massive.

very, very cool, and surprisingly squishy.

im jazzed :D

chris

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back