House Staging vs. Star Wars Props... We have a winner!

NeoRutty

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Not sure this is the place to post it, but it was too humorous for me not to post somewhere...

I'm currently moving from a condo downtown to a house in the burbs, so I've spent the last couple of weeks repainting/ packing my condo for selling. We had a lot of clutter, so it was a lot of work. My wife is very crafty, mostly working in the world of knitting/crocheting, so there is yarn and craft crap EVERYWHERE, and of course I have prop stuff on every shelf. She packed up everything but her current projects (baby blankets, crochet doll, etc.) and I packed up almost all sabers, blaster parts, etc.

On my mini bar though, I left my Luke ANH saber (blasphemy to ever pack) the incomplete Obi ANH and my Han Solo ROTJ blaster -which still has some paint details to finish up.

So last Thursday we were doing the last bit of work before having our realtor come in and stage the place. My wife looked at the bar and told me to put away the rest of the props. I said "nah... I'll put it away for the open house, but I'm going to leave for now... those are my current projects."

"Alright... *sigh*"

A couple of hours later my wife is showing the realtor around while I'm at work and I get a text, "Angela (realtor) says to keep the props out... guys looking at places will probably like them".

Well Duh. I've been saying that since day one! So with all our artwork off the wall, and all props/toys put away, they staged our place, leaving my in progress projects on the bar... (to the left of the pic)

16215566573_7d69840120.jpg

So Saturday we had our open house, and Saturday night we got an offer we accepted (FAST SALE!).

Sunday we met the realtor to sign the papers, and a note on the buyers paper said, and I quote...

"The Han Solo gun was the selling factor".

Obviously a joke, but still....

16835523165_5571483338.jpg

Great post. I was extremely tempted to start another thread entitled "Someone staged their home with Star Wars props....So I bought it!" hahah.

Great post. I was extremely tempted to start another thread entitled "Someone staged their home with Star Wars props....So I bought it!" hahah.

HA... well it turns out the husband of the buying couple is in VFX... worked on a lot of the flicks done in town here... Transformers... Chappie... etc. So I guess it felt a little like home to him, so may as well make it his home.

If he had only seen the place before my wife and I had to change it into a show suite.

Dude, that is the sort of thing that would be a "sign" to me that "this is definitely the right place".
Perfect man. Perfect. And congratulations on the sale (and a quick sale at that)!

So it's more than just a nod to HIMYM -- you've frikkin' lived it.

--Jonah

Going off topic a bit but...

Even our invite dealt with it (ignore the crap acting and drawing... the amazing artist/animator who was supposed to make the wedding invite bailed on me last minute and I had to do it myself... with my Film School level drawing skillz)

TECHNICALLY that blue french horn was my first step into prop replicating.. heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back