House on Haunted Hill (1959)

Conqueror_Worm

Since Halloween is coming up, I decided to track down a piece from one of my favorite horror movies "The House on Haunted Hill" (1959). I've always wanted a gaudy candelabra, so this was a great opportunity to get one with extra sentimental value.
This branching silver candelabra is prominent in a number of scenes:
KlYncXHo_o.png

M8e0lodh_o.png

tQIHCIxY_o.png

I started researching it, and discovered that this was a fairly popular design. There were several companies that made versions of it. The different versions vary in level of detail and material value, and thus cost...or should I say Price? ha!
Anyway, this one turned out to be one of the less common, mid to low price ones. It is a Goldfeder 3 light candelabra (the version with a square base, not round). The unique features are the cylindrical (instead of ovoid) feature below the candle holder, and the smooth, gently curving outer wall of the base (no decorative design or angular shapes).
axm80IvU_o.png

I4oJtOW4_o.jpg

EllAk7Uc_o.jpg

One of the really cool things about this candelabra, is that the branching portion can be removed, converting it into a candlestick. This candlestick appears in numerous other scenes! Bonus!
NERK7hZl_o.png

gIdMbjjV_o.png

XrH1R1B2_o.png

Great work identifying the candelabra! This past weekend I rewatched the film. I've had a metal Colt M-1911 replica laying around for nearly 15 years, and when I saw the coffins, knew I finally had found a use for it… and just needed to make a black coffin. I'd love to find one of these candelabras to go with it! So your research and discovery is fantastically helpful!

Any tips on where to find one by chance? Took a quick look on Ebay and nothing in recent sales etc.

I had started designing the coffin a couple years ago, but the 3D files seem to have disappeared. I may have to give that another go.
I got my candelabras from ebay. I just searched ebay for "goldfeder candelabra", there were three hits, one of which is the correct model (are we allowed to post links to ebay?).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back