House M.D. Vicodin Bottle: where can you get these?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by TomVDJ, Mar 20, 2012.

1. TomVDJ

TomVDJ Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Does someone know where you can get those orange pill bottles like the ones seen in House M.D. (his vicodin bottle)? I'd like to make a replica of this bottle to go with my red-grey tennis ball. I'm from Europe, so if I could get these over here, that would be nice too...

2. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Sr Member

standard pharmacy bottle I assume over here.
    Just need to show the size.

3. MooMooEgg

MooMooEgg Sr Member

I actually had one of these bottles WITH Vicodin after a shoulder surgery. I'm kinda sad I didn't save it with a few of the pills. :cry

4. Fyberdyne Labs

Fyberdyne Labs Well-Known Member

I don't watch the show But I just have surgery and have a few bottles sitting around. Post a picture if it is the correct bottle I can send you one. You will have to make a lable.
    Mark

5. notaek

notaek New Member

6. TomVDJ

Fyberdyne, that would be just great. This are the screen accurate bottles:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And to see the correct size:

[​IMG]

In the series it doesn't seem to be a screw-cap bottle, but a top that "pops up". Sometimes you can see House removing the cap just by pushing it with his thumb, so it's not a screw-cap.

7. sycor

sycor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think it depends. I'm sure I remember him * the top off in a few episodes. I'm pretty sure they don't dispense controlled substance medication in a flip top bottle anymore. So the prop department may have modified the tops to make it easier to open and close.

8. Serenity

Serenity Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

They do, as long as you're an adult and I believe you have to sign something saying you don't have children in the house. My mother had surgery a while back and she was issued them in similar bottles.

I recreated the graphics for the bottle from the episode "Help Me" (season 6 finale) but I can't find them on my drive right now. That label was the most "real" looking-- most of the others are simplified and have VICODIN or HYDROCODONE in giant letters for visual/theatrical clarity.

9. sycor

sycor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Makes sense I guess. Someone with arthritis would need an easy open bottle. Well, learn something new every day. :)

10. Serenity

Serenity Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Come to think of it, I think that's the primary reason for them-- My mom has arthritis in her fingers, so they are a lot easier to open. Thanks for the memory jolt. :lol

11. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 Master Member

I had more than one because I was taking 3500mg daily prior to my back surgery, but that was back in 2004. :unsure Those bottles are long gone.

I have a couple of what I think are the correct size pill bottles, but they have the "push down and turn" type lids. They'd be close enough for me to use if someone can either replicate the label or post a clear image of the label so I can take a shot at replicating it myself. :cool

12. TomVDJ

@Serenity, I'd sure be interested in that label, if you could find it...

13. Fyberdyne Labs

OK I havr 8 differant bottles and 4 of them have differant lids but the are not the same as the screen used lids. It looks like an pop top but I don't have one. I guss it could be an easy open screw on lid. I bet if you went to local pharmacy they might sell you an easy open one. I will check.
    Mark

14. Fyberdyne Labs

Funny my corrent percription of vicodin is in the same size bottle just wrong lid.
    Mark

15. Shylaah

Shylaah Sr Member

wanderer0621 likes this.
  16. TomVDJ

Can you post pics of these? Maybe they come very close...

17. AnotherChris

AnotherChris New Member

I've gotten a few of these for non-prop purposes by just asking at the Pharmacy if I could have a couple. Target was the most cooperative of the places I asked at.

18. TomVDJ

Unfortenately, these bottles are not that common here in Europe. Seems to be a US thing, these orange bottles...

19. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I haven't seen a lid like that on a bottle in a while. I'll check my mom's pills to see if they use that style but I know my pharmacy uses some that lock on. Yeah my mom's are push down and turn. I haven't seen those flip top ones since the 80s.

20. LabMan

LabMan Member

21. TomVDJ

I got my hands on a few screen accurate bottles: 36 Empty RX Pill Bottles Crafts/Coins/Fishing | eBay

Unfortunately, someone else drive the price up, but I wanted these lot really bad :s.

Anyway, I have bottles left now. If people are interested, I might start a thread in the junkyard to sell off these that I don't need (I think I'll ask 4 or 5 bucks for one).

22. johnny5676

johnny5676 Active Member

23. greylocke

greylocke Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just recently asked the pharmacist at my local walgreens store for a few bottle with lids, he just gave them to me free. So you never know, just ask your local pharmacist.

24. TomVDJ

I'm going to recreate the label for this bottle. Does someone know in which episode(s) you can see a clear image of the bottle? I got this one from season 7, Episode 15, but it's only the left part...

I know there are pultiple labels throughout the series. I'd like to recreate the one for which there is the most reference material...

25. Tiemen

Tiemen New Member

Hi TomVDJ,

I'm from Brussels, Belgium, but I'll proceed in english since I presume the main language here is that. :)

I'm soon going to make a shortfilm for a video contest organised by city Ghent about suicides. Or rather to prevent them.

Therefore I'm also looking for these transparant orange bottles.

Have you been able to find any already and if so, where exactly?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Tiemen

26. TomVDJ

Hey Tiemen, yep, I have quite a few of these (bought them on eBay). The lot was rather expensive, however. Some of them are not screen accurate as House M.D. bottles, but it are still those orange transparant pill bottles. Drop me a PM (private message) and we might work something out there. I'm Dutch speaking, BTW, so if you are too, we can continue it Dutch in our PM's (my French is not good enough, so if you're French speaking, please drop me a PM in English).

27. Barouq

Barouq New Member

tomVDJ I have found that no matter what label you want you can really only find reference on one side of the labels I've searched all the way through seasons 1-5 and through those seasons there was only one label and you could only ever see the right side of it. The best shot by far was at the end of season 2 episode 13 "Skin Deep."
    That was the label with hydrocodone written in big letters on it and a blue strip at the top. I have recreated what I can, sizing the label to the height of a pill bottle I had lying around, not a screen accurate one. If you print this one It will have to be on a piece of shiny paper like photo paper or put a peice of clear packing tape over it, because the original label was about as reflective as the bottle.
    HOUSE bottle label.png

28. TomVDJ

Thanks for sharing this. In the series there were two labels: the one you posted, and the newer one in the last seasons (with the new plainsboro logo). The one above was not shiny, the newer lable was. There are at least 8 episodes where the label of the bottle is visible at one or more scenes. I'm going through the complete series right now and will be collecting the HD screengrabs once I'm done with that...

29. paddyfritz

paddyfritz New Member

Standard snap cap bottle. Ask a pharmacist if they have any orange snap caps. Most would give you one if you ask.
    If I still worked in a pharmacy I would send you one.

30. TomVDJ

Already got some bottles... These are common in the US, but not in Europe. In Belgium there is not a single pharmacy or pharmaceutical company that uses these kind of orange bottles...

31. dhunpael

dhunpael Active Member

I'm looking for those as well and I can confirm that Belgium is a pain in the * country to find anything.

32. TomVDJ

I do have some spares, mate. Drop me a PM when interested, and I can send one over. Always interested in a small trade for a low-value prop replica ;-).

33. dhunpael

dhunpael Active Member

34. TomVDJ

Label is not screen accurate on these... It also is the label of Lisa's sleeping pills, not of House's Vicodin. So you can only use the bottle, and then $16 for a bottle is quite high. I'm happy to sell you a bottle for 10 euro's, shipping included, mate ;-).

35. dhunpael

dhunpael Active Member

For now i'm waiting for a friend who's returning from Israel, they should be similar :)