Interest Hoth binocular KIT

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATE 09/21/2017:

Have a lot of kits cast already, but due to poor casting material (onyx :darnkids) at the time I started to cast, I have a LOT of rejects to deal with :(
will put a few of those up FS as fixer uppers for cheap within the next weeks

Parallely working to fulfill a large order for Bossk blasters AND cast the first five Jawa blaster kits, which will be FS to the interested parties soon :)

Have to take a small brake from casting then, before ordering new resin

As some of you guys know, I did a small run of Hoth Binoculars a few years ago.

The time has come to prepare myself for another run of around 30+ kits :cool

While I will be having a few hollow, two part bodies left from my first set of molds, the new Binocs will feature a unibody design (rotocast shell, foam filled).
Kit does contain:

- Main body
- Front lense assembly (base/ knurled lense holder and smoked acrylic lense)
- Vacuum tube (with cast in METAL pins)
- Split clamp with insert (top greeblie)
- Viewer hood (thinking about two styles A) accurate/ asymetrical and B) symmetrical/ idealized)
- Other greeblies (V8 kit parts, semi-transparent front "cylinder")

Kit does NOT contain:
- Wood screws for attaching the V8 parts and top greeblies and/ or replacing the cast in screws
- Leather sling

Price per kit will be about $250-$300 plus shipping
I wont take any money up front! Instead I will sell these kits, when they are ready and will contact the people on the list one by one with payment details and further information.

IMPORTANT:
I reserve to choose, who I will add to the interest list/ who I sell to!
If you are new members and/ or don´t have any valid reputation, I will decide individually If I am selling to you or not.
I have to take these measures to protect my work from recasters, which are WAY too common now.

Thanks to my buddy @Lichtbringer , who borrowed me his hood for molding, the viewer hood will be available as idealized "straight" or non-idealized "wonky" version.

IMG_8654.JPG
IMG_8655.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
hey guys and gals, if you've been even slightly on fence to buy one of these, get one, you wont regret it.
the molds are made from an actual simrad range finder!!!

Just got notification, that the lasercut acrylic lenses are on their way to me :)
Please keep in mind, that I only cast a handfull of two part hollow SIMRAD bodies, since the new run feature a one part rorocast/ foam filled body.

Still struggling with ONYX, which is giving me inconsistent results...I honestly HATE this stuff and only use it, because my supplier is currently out of SmoothCast 325/326 :(

Anyway, as soon as the run starts, the SmoothCast 300 series resin should be available again :thumbsup
Just finished the new mold for the viewer hood, which is the only greeblie I didn´t mold/ cast as of yet. All other stuff such as vactubes, V8 parts etc, is done in sufficient numbers :cool

Anyway...still need to get a hang to casting the SIMRAD, since it currently is simply taking too long.

Markus

Just got notification, that the lasercut acrylic lenses are on their way to me :)
Please keep in mind, that I only cast a handfull of two part hollow SIMRAD bodies, since the new run feature a one part rorocast/ foam filled body.

Still struggling with ONYX, which is giving me inconsistent results...I honestly HATE this stuff and only use it, because my supplier is currently out of SmoothCast 325/326 :(

Anyway, as soon as the run starts, the SmoothCast 300 series resin should be available again :thumbsup
Just finished the new mold for the viewer hood, which is the only greeblie I didn´t mold/ cast as of yet. All other stuff such as vactubes, V8 parts etc, is done in sufficient numbers :cool

Anyway...still need to get a hang to casting the SIMRAD, since it currently is simply taking too long.

Markus

I have never got any good results from onyx as an open pour, its crap unless your pressure casting it.
I like 300 series resins, very strong stuff !! it's all I use now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back