Hot Toys Tie-Fighter

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by alienscollection.com, Jul 8, 2015.

1. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

2. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Completely making that Falcon cockpit look like an afterthought - WOW!

3. SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

WHAT! i just want to order a deagostini falcon.................stop it!

YenChih Lin likes this.
  4. Kerberos23

Kerberos23 Active Member

Look at the 1/6th scale BTTF Delorean next to it. Where would you ever put this thing.

5. gizmo

gizmo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This thing is soooo * cool and sooooooooo * huge!!!:eek

Ben

6. CutThumb

CutThumb Sr Member

Next to the 1/6 th X wing I hope! Just take my money already!!!!!

I'm going to need a bigger house.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  7. Junk Pilot

Junk Pilot Sr Member

OMG that is freakin' awesome.

Is it just me or does the cockpit window look slightly undersize?

8. CutThumb

CutThumb Sr Member

Having had a look at it a lot of the dimensions seem a bit off. The wings say ANH but the centre cockpit sys ESB. Certainly
    it looks more like an " idealized " TIE rather than a scaled upped studio. Until we have more info and pictures well its wait and see. But its still impressive as Hell

9. MonsieurTox

MonsieurTox Master Member

The whole cockpit ball is undersized (or the wings are too large), wingstar arms are too narrow etc... Anyway this is a nice 1/12 model, Id like to see it in person, should be impressive !!

10. Junk Pilot

Junk Pilot Sr Member

Maybe they've used the Hasbro large wing TIE's as the main reference.

11. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

12. Falk

Falk Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ahm, I sit on the fence re. the scale. HT announced it as a "sixth scale collectible", and the pictures are a bit misleading... But I am with Julien, I think 1/12 scale (this would fit 6" figures, like the Black Series) is more likely.

13. CutThumb

CutThumb Sr Member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  14. jkno

jkno Master Member

Some more pics - it has a 1/6 Pilot inside and you can compare it with real persons walking around it:

ht tie 1.jpg ht tie 2.jpg ht tie 5.jpg ht tie 6.jpg ht tie 7.jpg ht tie 8.jpg

15. Jedi Dade

Jedi Dade Sr Member

unless you've got a mansion of some type - where would you put something like that? Its enormous. Cool as hell but enormous...

Jedi Dade

16. MonsieurTox

Falk likes this.
  17. Hammer3246

Hammer3246 Sr Member

Can't believe I'm saying it. It's too big.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

18. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Sr Member

I wouldn't buy one of these but for some reason I have a strange desire to see one be blown up ( of course you would have to film it).

19. joberg

joberg Master Member

I don't care how inaccurate it is, or how big it is...I want/need one and I don't care if I'll sleep in the dog's house for the rest of my life:D

Falk and Junk Pilot like this.
  20. jkno

jkno Master Member

It might be smaller indeed, but inside seems that is the 1/6 Sideshow TIE Pilot

21. MonsieurTox

Of course they can put a larger pilot in it, the 1/24 pilot in the Filming miniature looks very small inside the cockpit !

22. alienscollection.com

23. jkno

jkno Master Member

No matter how awesome this HT TIE is, there is no display space available at my house for this huge beast. The EFX TIE studio scale remains the perfect choice for my collection

jake88 likes this.
  24. MonsieurTox

You always have a ceiling free of stuff from which you can hang it ! :D

The filming models should have been as big ! :D

25. jkno

jkno Master Member

According to member Shadow on Rebelscum the Hot Toys Falcon cockpit and TIE Fighter are prototype concept models built just for this show, these are not confirmed or approved products yet. In essence Hot Toys is testing the waters to see what the reaction will be.

And a video of the TIE:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/1407189182909605/videos/1458053274489862/[/video]

26. joberg

joberg Master Member

I want the X-Wing at the same size for a mighty dog fight:D

27. CutThumb

CutThumb Sr Member

I knew there was a reason for getting this done:

[​IMG]

28. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Hear this Hot Toys.

First I do not own a single piece of yours. Not one product. Way to expensive for what is basically a really nice 12" Action figure. Don't get me wrong, awesome!!!!!! but too pricey for me for that. For the price I can get a really nice actual prop. A saber, helmet, etc.

If you make the Millennium Falcon Cockpit I will sell my first born to buy one. He's cute and a great kid so it should not be a problem. While kidding about the kid I told my wife no matter what I am getting that and she agreed.

If you make the Tie fighter I will buy it no matter what it takes and I'm not even a huge Tie fan.

If you continue and make a X wing I will buy it. Again not a huge X wing fan.

If you make my beloved Y wing I will sell body parts to buy it.

And if you do, what I doubt anyone has the guts to do, ( It's to big, bla bla, cry, cry) and build a 1/6 Falcon in pieces over several years kind of like the Diago I will forgo vehicle plans and likely some vacations to buy it. Sell blood, sell the other kid. Whatever it takes.

Now I know your gonna say I am crazy but really it's just the cockpit and the "living area". The rest can be empty or offered with additional upgrades. Just look at every Deagostini piece and make it bigger.

Have some courage. Do what many will say can't be done. BTW every great, amazing thing ever made has had most whiners saying it could not be done, won't happen, etc.

I am not alone. Everyone is going crazy for these.

And guess what, then we are gonna need a bunch of 1/6 figures to put in them.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    Wes R and Falk like this.
  29. Jedi Dade

Jedi Dade Sr Member

has the wife signed off on the selling the kids thing... Just askin' ;)

Jedi Dade

32buds likes this.
  30. Dao2

Dao2 Well-Known Member

They are definitely producing the cockpit, it'll be up for PO on SS site if it isn't already.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  31. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Depends on which day I ask her.:)

32. rbeach84

rbeach84 Sr Member

Bonkers!
    "I feel I have crossed some kind of threshold that I should not have..."

Might as well make a 1:1 scale and be done with it!

R/ Robert

Hammer3246 likes this.
  33. Kerberos23

Kerberos23 Active Member

Speaking of 1/12th scale TIE Fighters (though the Hot Toys one is 1/6th), Hasbro is now showing the new TIE Fighter and pilot from their 6" Black Series.
    tiefighter.jpg

34. Hammer3246

Hammer3246 Sr Member

Those big circular deals. Quick attach/detach for wing profiles? Interceptor, standard?

I'm referring to the movie.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

35. Wingsta96

Wingsta96 New Member

Is there a release date for this beast? God I want one better start saving up lol

36. Dao2

Dao2 Well-Known Member

it may never be produced, possibly just a con showpiece though no one knows for sure.

37. DARKSIDE72

DARKSIDE72 Sr Member

Why is this in the studio scale area? It's a toy and isn't relevant to SS....

38. alienscollection.com

I know it's not proper studio scale, but I thought the sheer size of it would make it of interest to my friends here who do make large scale models.

39. jkno

jkno Master Member

The Hasbro is a toy, the Hot Toys is not. I agree though that this thread maybe should go more likely in the General modeling area or SW section, since neither are true studio scales.

40. mikeyscience2

mikeyscience2 New Member

my preciousssss

41. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

Intriguing. How much would they sell something like this?

42. franz bolo

franz bolo Sr Member

Saw it up close. This thing is bad-*! Wow, it's huge!

43. PHArchivist

Not been following Hot Toys. So... Toy, or replica?

44. 32buds

32buds Well-Known Member

Mine would throw her shoes at me.....

45. zorg

zorg Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I would class it as a collectable, its neither a toy or an out an out replica.

jkno likes this.
  46. PHArchivist

So is the cockpit sphere about a foot in diameter?

47. DaveG

DaveG Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I saw this beast at Comic Con and while it is impressive in it's size there was something just not right about it, and I'm not talking about the size or proportions of the different sections. They did an exceptional job of enlarging the all the kit part details of the original Studio Scale model. But while those details worked really well at 1/24 scale, at 1/6 scale it needs a finer level of detail to look convincing. If this had been built as a large shooting miniature for extreme close ups it would have had more detail, not just enlarged parts from a smaller model. This is really a 4x version of the shooting model, not a 1/6 version of a full size Tie. I think this would look really impressive hanging up in a large interior space where it would be viewed at a distance but up close, it's strangely anti-climactic. They did add a level of weathering, mostly a metallic dry brushing, which helped but looked a bit rushed and needed more work.

The 1/6 scale Falcon cockpit on the other hand was gorgeous! Or at least the interior was. The exterior looked like it was a work in progress.

48. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hot Toys blurs the line between Replica and Toy. Most, if not all, of their stuff is replica quality and then some. You could proudly display anything they make. Hot Toys uses the latest methods IE laser scanning etc. to make their products. In other words....its accurate.

49. YenChih Lin

YenChih Lin Sr Member

As a collector of fine things, I've never said this before, but it's too big…

50. joberg

joberg Master Member

DaveG has hit the nail on the head with his comment. While I surely would want one, I would probably transform some of the greeblies by making them more detailed and crisp.
    Imagine a falcon in a 1/6 scale. Wouldn't you want to go over the whole ship and detail the heck out of all those greeblies? Just the laser canons are begging to be worked on;)
    While just "blowing up" the scale might work for a % of buyers, I, for one, would just put the effort to make it "better".