Hot Toys showing off 1/6 Falcon,...over 18ft long

Jaitea

Master Member
Hot Toys will be showing off their 18ft Millennium Falcon 1/6 scale at ACGHK in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre this week!

10818395_10152951943477344_2477933609017506861_o.jpg

On July 24 – 28, Hot Toys will once again be participating in Ani-Com and Games Hong Kong (ACGHK), the biggest pop-culture event in Hong Kong!
This year Hot Toys is partnering up with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) to bring the biggest Star Wars presence in the event where a number of Star Wars collectibles by Hot Toys and life-size exhibits will be on display! Starting today we will give fans some sneak peek of what to expect at ACGHK!
Recently Hot Toys has showcased an impressive 1/6th scale Millennium Falcon cockpit at San Diego Comic-Con which has already fascinated many Star Wars fans! But we are not stopping there yet, as a complete and highly detail 1/6th scale Millennium Falcon measuring close to 18 feet (5.5 meters) long by 12 feet (3.7 meters) wide will actually be making an appearance at ACGHK! Its sheer astonishing presence will surely captured any fans’ attention!
If you want to see this spectacular exhibit in person, then you have to come to Hot Toys’ booth (E15-16) at ACGHK in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre this week!
‪#‎StarWars‬ ‪#‎MillenniumFalcon‬

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys?fref=photo

Wow.....just WOW
J

Last edited by a moderator:
i can see winning one for free in a drawing or something but there's a point when collecting gets a bit out of hand. in my opinion.
for those of us who are not william randolph hearst or howard hughes i mean.

Last edited:
Beyond ridiculous!!! For millionaires with aircraft hangers only. I'd imagine this is just for Disney theme parks or a sci fi museum.

Wouldn't certain details become silly at the scale ?
my guestimate for that "thing" would be $9999,- at least :)

It would be ridiculous for this NOT to end up on permanent display somewhere at Disney. If this was done only with selling copies of it in mind . . . they might be able to sell a handful of them for the price of a new sports car but not enough to make the operation worthwhile.

In fact I had a conversation with somebody a while back about an exhibit like this. Do a whole room full of ship "bigature" models posed in position. Laser blasts, dark room, etc.

My guess is that this is probably a one-off display item. They probably took an existing 3D model and enlarged it without adding the huge additional detail that calls for. Possibly a bunch of CNC'd foam blocks as the basis, and maybe the exterior is sealed up smooth & a hand-weathered paintjob. I know they showed a detailed cockpit at Comic-Con but that might be one of the few/only detailed parts of it.

That kind of super-enlarged CNC foam job sounds off-the-chart expensive to us on a personal level. But as a corporate exhibit the price wouldn't seem so crazy. This is a company that makes oversized adult-detailed toys professionally.

I'll believe it when I actually see it... are we sure this isn't an April fools joke... the cost would be astronomical... 3 people on the planet could afford and would want 1...

Jedi Dade

Yes, by golly, it WILL change!

I hear they made this for Harrison Ford to put up in his garden as a patio shade...

;^P
R/ Robert

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back