Hot Toys GIGER ALIEN

Well, they ****** up the ALIENS Warrior figure! I was so disappointed with it!

Neca's big 22" figure is awesome. They'll need to top that one to get my $$.

So where are all the artists who can sculpt something that is movie accurate (or as close as possible)
instead of all these 'takes on a theme' as it were. Like McFarlane's Fiascos - sheesh!

I'm taking a let's wait and see but I'll bet it won't be the $hi+...

:)

And here it is....

They definately went with the look from the bust in the facial part of the sculpt.

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm still getting it.

HottoysAlien.jpg

HottoysAlien.jpg

As usual sabres brings the first glimpse of another awesome figure! and thank you by the way but as usual there is a complaint in there somewhere... please dont get mad at me sabres im just curious as to why you and many others on here are always so unsatisfied :mad: i understand that it might not be completely accurate, things might need a little customization, the artists that make all the production figures might not be as hip to the subjects at hand as the prototype builders, but its pretty damn F'n cool IMO. it looks like it has "muscle skin" for the entire body (like medicoms) but even under the ribs! sure that particular paint up isn't totally accurate, but i think it overall, at this one glance, looks really nice its all good to note inaccuracies and things,(it's also fine to say WHATEVER you want really) but im pretty sure these people are doing everything they can to make us happy, right? come on guys, and sabres, i understand you maybe more than most on here would be concerned with the inaccuracies of an ALIEN figure and i totally respect that dude please dont get me wrong i just know that yes many observations that ive made about these toys are noted but dont make me completely unappreciative. sometimes it feels good to just take things for what they are, even if it's a bit stylized or "off". please guys (especially sabres) dont be mad, im not rippin on anybody, i just, really just want you guys to be happy or at the least content, i think they're tryin', really, give em a break, maybe, a little...

i agree with ol' faken on the idea of politely and professionally telling these toy companies your requests or "complaints" if you will and thats really the only thing that will matter if we want better collectables. yes paper lenses are something to bitch about in the 300 dollar range, and something should be done to help influence the toymakers if we can in the future. but i do think they care about what we say about things without us there is no them. with the standards for 1/6 figures are increasing in size daily, they cant afford to not keep up and we should "politely" tell them if they aren't.

thank you for whoever actually read the whole thing

I appreciate and respect your opinion Hellonearth.

But, my disappointment with this particular stems from Hot Toys own attempts to please the Pred fans.
They resculpted the original Pred to make it as accurate as possible for a 1:6 figure.

This Alien figure is so far from accurate that it's embarrasing.

The skull under the dome is a GLARING innacuracy. It's not even close to being an attempt at pleasing the Alien fans.

And Hot Toys has had a less than stellar reputation with their Alien figures.

This was a chance for them to redeem themselves.

And it looks like they just said "**** the Alien fans".

More pics...

ap20090718115237758.jpg.png ap20090718115249876.jpg.png

ap20090718115237758.jpg.png

ap20090718115249876.jpg.png

Better pics...

Looks like the extra thumb is now an extra finger on this sculpt.

Damn Hot Toys...way to NOT pay attention to anything Giger did.

And the base is cool.

3732247901_c8e7ec7b9c_o.jpg

3732248787_c261430c13_o.jpg

HTgigeralien.jpg

HTgigeralien1.jpg

HTgigeralien2.jpg

3732247901_c8e7ec7b9c_o.jpg

3732248787_c261430c13_o.jpg

HTgigeralien.jpg

HTgigeralien1.jpg

HTgigeralien2.jpg

well lookin at the other pics now i can see quite a few reasons to be upset... damn, thats not really, um accurate at all is it? :mad: well i still think its cool as hell... if there wasn't an original alien that is. sorry buddy, they just didn't did they...

New pics from SDCC.

Honestly, even though it's not accurate, I really like the paint scheme.

If Hot Toys would just fix that wonky skull, and the hands, I'd be cool with this.

232.jpg

233.jpg

234.jpg

235.jpg

236.jpg

Thanks to THX-182 for the pics.

232.jpg

233.jpg

234.jpg

235.jpg

236.jpg

hey guys! i just thought you'd like to know (especially sabres) that they have already made massive improvements on this figure, not sure if they heard all of you griping, but they pretty much fixed all the main complaints in this new version of gigers alien, the shape of the head, the shape of the face, the shape of the skull, and yes the HANDS! i still think it would be cool to get ahold of them prototypes, just because of their differences :p but check him out...

5a.jpg

4b12495574404a7abbc078afc.jpg

2b12495574404a7abbc07d91d.jpg

IMO its 100 times better ;) i have high hopes for this being really nice by the time it arrives.

5a.jpg

4b12495574404a7abbc078afc.jpg

2b12495574404a7abbc07d91d.jpg

Its definitely better, and I mentioned this on the hive forum and apparently I'm the only one there who cares but the arms and legs still have major inaccuracies. I doubt they'll fix that since I'm the only sqeaky wheel regarding this. But I'm glad the head and skull were fixed. :lol:

Its definitely better, and I mentioned this on the hive forum and apparently I'm the only one there who cares but the arms and legs still have major inaccuracies. I doubt they'll fix that since I'm the only sqeaky wheel regarding this. But I'm glad the head and skull were fixed. :lol:
ya the head and skull were my main problems, but they are much better. honestly ya the hands are "more accurate" but they almost look a bit silly and kinda fat. ill have to take a closer look at the arms and legs to see what you mean, i was mainly just glad that from the neck up is a massive improvement :lol: i just wanted you all to know that they are either listening to us, or they are just trying for the more accurate look. anyone remember the first joker headsculpt compared to the bank robber? they'll get it as good as they can im sure :lol:

I'm not too big on that skull, either... But the real reason I won't buy it is because it seems to have less poseability than previous Hot Toys figs. Those hips are accurate, shape-wise... but you can't get too much movement outta those.

And as a response to the comment saying HT has not had such a great rep w/ Alien toys, that's not totally true; the AVP Aliens were beast... And it pretty much stopped there. Dog Alien's kinda nice, but his mouth could look better... I just don't get why they HAD to start slanting the teeth all of a sudden...

Oops...guess I need to update this thread with new pics as well.

Here are new "in hand" pics of the Hot Toys Alien.

WARNING! LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS...

DSCF0174.jpg

DSCF0178.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0187.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

4122707914_1ab68ee2dd_b.jpg

4128269002_b7f9bf55a1_o.jpg

4128269512_6f9dbe705e_o.jpg

4127499517_9525b6bf83_o.jpg

4128272078_ed53f6e6f7_o.jpg

4127507067_ddc6c7a5ae_o.jpg

4128273574_2777b4381f_o.jpg

4128273970_95bb89297a_o.jpg

4127503863_a114e71fee_o.jpg

4127506095_f31b75e5c1_o.jpg

4127507349_5411b9c300_o.jpg

DSCF0174.jpg

DSCF0178.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0187.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now THOSE are some nice pix. Okay, so the hips are more poseable than I thought... But still the AVPs look a bit more dynamic.

My fav pic has to be the third-to-last one. Awesome stuff. Kinda seems like the fixed the eyes to a certain extent. Nice!

not to complain, but what's up? is that as far as the inner jaws come out? really? thats a little weak but the figure is overall quite excellent imo. and i totally forgot all this that hot toys aliens come with a fixed set of hands too, i think i like those a lot more than the posable ones. really nice pics buddy, thanks!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back