Hot Toys Confirms Predators License

I got the same newsletter with War Machine Pics - jump started my heart! I wonder what the Preds will look like. I am hoping the Super Black Predator will have some awesome armor or something. OK time to work my ass off and start saving money - Damn you Hot Toys!

now i had a couple suggestions for hot toys, but wanted to ask you guys for your opinions.

k, now i've written them a couple times in regards to goin back to the model kit style packaging for these new preds, (i don't know about anyone else, but i was severely disappointed that the one hot toy i'd been waiting to put together from the beginning of the predator line, was already put together!!!) so i hope it won't make too many of you mad if they go back to that for the new ones. they may be done with that i don't know, but i vote "yes" on model kit packaging.

but i also wanted to suggest, as long as it wouldn't restrict any articulation (which they've gotten a lot better at recently) but to have some sick, bumpy, leathery, kinda slimey skin to go on these creatures? does anyone agree or disagree? i'd be very specific about not restricting them in any way, but i basically am just trying to deter them from just using a previous body type, since they are quite different, and they just wouldn't be right with the textures of the original hot toys pred bodies.

or perhaps not "skin" but just to revise the original body type to have the more crocodilian skin textures that our new hunters (at least MR. black) have.

it already seems that they'll have to have two separate armblades (one short and retracted, and the other long, interchangeable of course)

another idea i had was to revise the whole "interchangeable mandibles" thing. it would just be totally awesome if they could have either a pair of levers in the backs of their heads that you could squeeze together to make the mandibles open, with skin that stretches like the hot toys predalien mandibles, OR to have interchangeable faces, since it would be too pricey, and tedious i'm sure to include two whole heads with different expressions for each figure, maybe just faces, which would be cool, cause an opened mouth face could have slightly angrier attributes to the rest of the face too, not just the mandibles, plus i'm just sick of having those too easy to spot lines where they connect.

anyhow, just a thought or two... or three... or four.

I like some of your ideas. I just to enjoy assembling the figures myself, always had a sense of pride being able to say yup it's hard but I built this.
I believe they stopped the whole self assembly do to too many complaints and people complaining of parts snapped in the construction phase.
As for the mandible idea yes I'd definitely be on for that, I'd like to be able to pose mandibles to how I feel they should look.
Skin texture could be very interesting. But I'd say these figures are already gone through prototype approval in order to be released along with the movie

As the new body types for the predators are very different, I really hope they sculpt them so. My dream would be a rubber flesh with armature skeleton, just like they did their Hellboy movie torso. Good to see someone else agrees.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back