"Hot Rod" - Rod Kimble's Jumpsuit [W.I.P]

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

treythepunkid

Hey guys! I just wanted to show some progress of a costume I have been working on for the last 2 weeks. Its a replica of the jumpsuit worn my Andy Samberg in the movie "Hot Rod"! I am quite new to fabric work and textiles in terms of replica costume making so it might look a little off in places.

Anyway here are some of the images of my progress! Unfortunately I don't have many images of when I bought the jumpsuit so i had to grab some from the website I got it from.

So first off I started with a standard mechanic's coveralls I got online. I found one as close to the source material as I could and started there.

Here is an image of some of the extra details (Like a dark blue collar and red arm stripes, etc) sewed on and ready for weathering!

Here it is after some sandpaper treatment and basic weathering/fading as well as some of the stars painted on the arms and legs.

Here is what it looks like currently!

It's pretty much done, I still have to finish the cape and I might work on the weathering more but other than that I am pretty pleased with it!

Here are some of the reference images of the screen used prop that I used while making it.

I am looking at doing a run of these if there is enough interest, I had so much fun making it I would love to make one for anyone who is interested!

Thanks for viewing! I will update this as progress continues.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.