Hot Glue and Cold Weather?

Indigogyre

Evening,

Living in the Mid-West Halloween can be either a blazing 80 degree day or a snowy flurry 30 degree day. So, How does hot glue hold up in cold weather?

I'm worried about it pretty much loosing flexibility and then starting to break up while walking around in cold weather with the kids.

Thanks.
Dean

Last edited:
I used hot glue for the costume that I'm using as my avatar. The costume was worn during a cold spell at a yearly costume festival I go to. Now bear in mind it was my first attempt at a proper costume so I wasn't very well versed in some of the materials I used, but this is what I noticed. The glue remained flexible throughout the event but the EL wire started to come off quite fast and it needs some good old TLC to revive it now. It's more likely to be the coating on the wire though as the glue is not going anywhere :lol I skewed up the tape on the helmet a bit too as the glue cooled way too fast, but I was in the shed during a frost so lesson learned on my part :facepalm

If its being used for armor or sandwiched between two materials I can't see there being any problems with it (unless we'er talking -25+).

Cleveland builder here...

I wouldn't worry about it.

but, I always design my costumes with flexibility so if there is stress on the suit, it goes where I can absorb it and not break or tear anything.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back