Horus sculpture

REL

Sr Member
This is probably in the wrong section but...

Here's a sculpture of Horus I was making for a client that backed out on it. It's 3 feet high made out of Texas limestone, I'll probably finish it and sell it to Kurt though LOL.

hrus.jpg

hrus2.jpg

Neat.... is there anything you can't do? ;)

Truly amazing Richard. The Stone wall behind Horus is extremely interesting too. I see much work in your future.

Beautiful as usual, R man.

One thing about this Rel guy is when he go into something, you can only expect the very best results.

B

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Jul 4 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]1273948[/snapback]</div>
Neat.... is there anything you can't do? ;)

Truly amazing Richard. The Stone wall behind Horus is extremely interesting too. I see much work in your future.
[/b]

Thanks. That's actually a foam prop painted to look like stone.

Sculpture.jpg

Man, that is just excellent. How long did it take you to knock that out and what does it weigh???

You are VERY talented.

Thank you.

The Horus weighs about 80 or so pounds, the block of stone it came out of originally weighed close to 400 pounds. The large foam sculpture weighs 70 pounds.

As a person who for a hobby studies Hyros of ancient cultures I have to use the line of a certain Sith Lord "Impressive, Most Impressive"

Your wall is awesome also. It looks right on, can I ask where you got the design, IE is it an actual ancient egypt hyro wall or did you take several walls and come up with that one???

<div class='quotetop'>(Atin @ Jul 4 2006, 05:35 PM) [snapback]1274131[/snapback]</div>
As a person who for a hobby studies Hyros of ancient cultures I have to use the line of a certain Sith Lord "Impressive, Most Impressive"

Your wall is awesome also. It looks right on, can I ask where you got the design, IE is it an actual ancient egypt hyro wall or did you take several walls and come up with that one???
[/b]

I love Egyptian art work, it's the best the earth has ever seen in my opinion.

The scene with Isis and Hathor was taken from an amulet found in Tut's tomb. The overall scene is from the Temple of Hathor, the hyro's are gibberish since it was taken from two seperate things.

Here's a few more of my Egyptian sculptures, the first one is an 18" limestone carving of Anubis, I'm working on a 3 foot one also as a companion to the Horus. The second one is a black basalt carving of Horus seated, it's 10" high. The last two are foam with a stone paint job.

anubis.jpg

3 foot Anubis work in progress.

Anubis3.jpg

Horus seated.

Horus.jpg

Foam carvings

The first one is 4 feet high, the second is 6 feet long.

Fragment1.jpg

Wglobe.jpg

Actually you can see all of them on my sculpture link.

http://sovereignreplicas.com/sculptures.htm

The only thing better than the artwork of Ancient Egypt is the history...

Im laughing at the gibberish, I dont have my hyro guide so it is gibberish to me..

I was suppossed to go to Egypt and then to Petra earleir this year, but the tour company would not let me bring my son, he is 3 now, he has traveled most the world with me, even crawled through small spaces to enter some of the aztec and mayan pyramids. Heck I took him to the top of Chicanitza.

Hopefully the middle east will settle down by the time he is 6 then its off to see and study the true history of the world..

Back on subject, I will say it again, very awesome work, Im drooling over your web page, Ill clean it up :lol

I may have to commision you someday....

Amazing work. You have a great eye for detail. I'd love to try my hand at the foam wall carvings. What kind of foam is it, and where can I get some?

~ GM

Here's how I make the larger foam sculptures. I made a basic frame, then I used cheap sheets of floral foam to cover that. I then used a high density rigid foam I got from Burmanfoam.com to cover those since that stuff is expensive. After all the sculpting was finished I covered the entire sculpture with hydrostone to get the stone texture.

Here's a pic of the back showing it's basic structure.

The rigid foam is a 4lb A/B mixture.

stellarear.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back