Horus helmet sculpt

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jsher1010

Hi. Thought I would share some progress pics of the Stargate Horus helmet I've been working on.
Done sculpting the main part of the helmet, next up the bird head.
Once molded I plan on casting it in epoxy and glass.
Thanks for looking.
John 20200708_095749.jpg 20200708_095817.jpg 20200708_095845.jpg 20200708_100328.jpg 20200708_101804.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
John is this all one large cast or is it segmented like the Chronicle Collectibles 1.1 version. Great detail on the lobsterback. GC

jsher1010

John is this all one large cast or is it segmented like the Chronicle Collectibles 1.1 version. Great detail on the lobsterback. GC
Thanks. I'm planning it as a single cast piece. However each segment could be cast separately and assembled so my eyes line up
with the 'eye holes'.

jsher1010

Gorgeous work!

I would love to see any progress photos, your sculpt turned out as damn near perfect as possible.
Thank you very much. I certainly will post progress pics.
It's been quite hot here lately which makes the clay too soft and one
slight set back was half the lobster back fell off. Just about finished
re-sculpting it though.

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
John its a little early but have you thought about the paint on this are you going the traditional route with the blues greens and gold ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.