Honey Lemon's Bag from Big Hero 6

kenoten

Below is Honey lemon from Big Hero 6. Im currently planning out how to make everything, and Im stuck on the the keypad on her purse. I could just use colored paper under a black button stencil, but I would love if I could get the keys to light up when pressed. However, I have no idea where to start for something like that. I can soder but I have never created my own circuit plans before, just wired up LEDs to batteries for light up eyes and such. Any advice? Maybe a shortcut such as a toy that i could disassemble to use as the base?
purse.PNG

Here is a video of the character as she appears in the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-F2RNAgvaY

You could create a webpage/app you could load up on a tablet to make the keyboard lightup functionality. Would be pretty easy since you don't have to program it to do anything except have buttons with a normal state and a pressed state. Would probably be the most accurate way to do it short of creating your own touchscreen in a heart shape.

I'm working on the same project myself. Looking forward to seeing how your's turns out. I'm opting for a simpler approach. Mine won't be touch screen, but do plan to illuminate it. Right now I'm thinking of printing the design on transparency paper and backlighting with EL tape. Not sure how it will work, so we'll see!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back