Homemade Blade Runner 2049 K's Spinner 1/18

first time i've prefered a peugeot to a lambo;)
Ah ah ! Haven't you see the last 508, or e-legend model ?

Image 52 and 53 can help you find out the length from the back wheel axis to the center of the front wheel well (actual wheel is offset) if you can reference another car (against the floor tiles) as that measurement is exactly three floor tiles. If you can find the measurements of Deckard's Sedan I think you could do it and there is an accurate kit of that.
Wow ! That Exhibit looks like a dream !!!!
No one here has saw it "in the flesh ?

I did an overlay where I tried to crudely match the size of a seat from a car that is exactly 4.30 meters (2006 Lambo Galliardo Spyder) in length and they kind of match so I think your first take of 4.5m was a better estimate since the you can not trust the angles and lens distorsion of the Denis Villeneuve picture at all.

I agreed with you 100%, and then I wanted to try another technic and trust Randy Cooper with his 1/12 model kit.
The kit lenght is 17.5" (44.5cm) so, that gives us a 5.40 meters long vehicule...
So, mine would be close to 1/18. And I'm ok with that. Cause i you want to be able to print it on most average 3d printers, that's a resonable size to work with. And trust me, it's big enought, and ...so cool !!!

I Keep working on it... ! I'm currently re-thiking the way it's cut and sliced, to be easier to print with best result...

A little "side by side" comparison to be sure that i'm on the right path !
(mine is on the right side ;) )

compare.jpg

I agreed with you 100%, and then I wanted to try another technic and trust Randy Cooper with his 1/12 model kit.
The kit lenght is 17.5" (44.5cm) so, that gives us a 5.40 meters long vehicule...
Found better pics Blade Runner Cars Give or take 10 cm it's the same length as Deckard's Sedan and the old Spinner. Seeing as they are roughly 20cm in length as the Fujimi kits in 1/24 that would make them 4.80m long. Also according to the blueprint of the old Spinner it's supposed to be roughly 4.85m That seems much more likely than 5.40m judging from all the pictures I've been looking at. Unless someone knows for sure this is wrong...

English is not my first lnguage, but do they say "smaller than the movie prop" in the video?
If you are talking about the walkaround at around 3 minutes in he mentions the operator card he got online that was a movie prop, but nothing about size. There are some guys towards the end measuring the height and all i can make out is "56 or 57", which is 142,21cm to 144,75cm so I guess that's usable. Comparing pixels that makes it 524cm to 534cm which is exactly the Randy Coopers 1/12 scale kit 17.5"x2.54x12=533.4cm so I guess that guy knows his **** and I can't trust my approximation skills XD.

This is looking incredible! You mentioned you would have the files available on your Etsy. I would be very interested in those if you might happen to share the link. Would love to purchase and build one myself. Great work!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back