homemade Advacnded action suit - Batman - design finished, p.2

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by EyeofSauron, Mar 1, 2012.

1. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

well, the desert storm armor and all the other stuff got me thinking, and so i started designing something, that i would like to build.

basicly its a throw together of all the armored bat suits, with some other aspects, and some of my own designs (well all my own designs, but i incorporate what i like :D )
    it will have some neat stuff, that i have ideas for, like smartphone integrated into forarm glove as a display, which will also work for the little gimmicks in my helmet, like getting calls in there :) nothing really fascinating, but i liked the idea of having a small monitor in my forarm, instead of a HUD inside the helmet (which isnt possible anyway, unless youre a millionaire and stuff :D )

also, hoping to have flip out fins, instead of static ones, and some things that arent actually functional, but are ideas of how batman would use it, like a grapple hook integrated in the other forearm, with a laserpointer attached, for better aiming. i have tons of ideas, most pretty practical. its also supposed to be a "future" suit, and because its armored , i am going for a HELMET , not a cowl. im thinking about having a mouth opening, that is openable, like to slide too the side. the helmet will be one piece if i can figure out the method i want, to open the helmet.

so, i designed the helmet for now, with various designs, but not fixed on the mouth part yet. i kinda like it without a mouth opening at all, but its just until i figure out something better, probably :D

so, here are some of the designs to begin with , front and side view of the helmet. im kinda busy with studying atm, so im only working on designing this like 1-2 hours a day, so this will take a while. i decided to put the iron man/batman mashup on hold, because frankly, im getting fed up of the gazillion iron man builds out there, and i wanted to do something from scratch

oh and thats no mistake in the title, some may get it :D

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. moose

moose Active Member

Re: advacned action suit - Batman

i'm highly interested in seeing this come to fruition! particularly excited for some more concept art!

3. Royal Dump

Royal Dump Active Member

looks like a cat

4. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

EOS, I love the first design without the mouth. I'm very interested in this build as I'm working on a Bat helmet as well. Best of luck to you. Great looking so far.

5. ReverendCasey

ReverendCasey New Member

Very cool design! I was actually thinking of doing a similar concept. Not the same kind if lo
    ok though. I was planning on a look more like powerarmor from FO3. Very interested to see this continue.

6. superDrool

superDrool Sr Member

I like the blank mouth more. I can see beside the cheek louvers there be a spot to adapt a small canister of O2 or whatever the case may be. But the louvers should be enough for actual airflow. If you're concern is fogging/heat. You can add slits beneath the eyes. But I'm getting way ahead of myself here. :lol I love the idea. I even love the idea of customizing the glow color of the backlights. ;)

7. terryr

terryr Sr Member

My first thought was "Bat-Spacesuit".I think the ears need to go up more, or cut off the backs straight.

The advacned action suit. What happened to that guy, or the one who was going to build a working Ironman suit for 100 bucks?

8. MCL34N

MCL34N Well-Known Member

Neato! I was actually planning a similar original concept Batman for SDCC. My plan is to re-design the Batman Beyond suit with a Nolan universe vibe.

9. superDrool

superDrool Sr Member

:eek :eek

DO IT!!!

10. NexusFX

NexusFX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Rpf is not about slammin people's ideas dude. Constructive is the key word

11. Shades

Shades Well-Known Member

this would be good for your batman/iron man project.

12. Savage Archanas

Savage Archanas New Member

agreed!!

13. familyman

familyman Sr Member

Interesting helmet design can't wait to the build.

14. EyeofSauron

small update, i started on drawing the design in perspective, this is just the head, but im gonna work my way down now, untill i have the whole body in perspective :)

15. Igniitus

Igniitus Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This looks sick so far... cant wait to see where it goes!

I can see the Catlike perception, as well... some combination of the cheek lines and the swept angle of the ears together gives of that vibe... or maybe the color?

You could always go classic Black with Red, like in the Alex Ross 'Justice' Series...

http://www.dccomics.com/media/product/7/8/7824_400x600.jpg

Either way... I know this is going to turn out ridonkulous. And the smartphone in the forums is a sick sick idea. I'm sure theres someone here who could mock up a 'batcomputer' app

16. EyeofSauron

i wanted it to be green specifically, because i also wanted to kinda incorporate some green lantern flair :D
    im also gonna wear my ring with it, its just an extra gimmick :D

17. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

I was thinking that might be the way you were going with it, cuz that is what I was thinking when I saw your first concepts. BTW, the perpective pic is awesome and shows a serious attitude. Very cool...

18. MCL34N

MCL34N Well-Known Member

Can you explain the "advacned" thing?

19. Royal Dump

Royal Dump Active Member

I think the eyes need to be reshaped a bit smaller and horizontal. Red glow would look nice aswell.

It looks awesome!

20. usconcept

usconcept Well-Known Member

Futuristic/New tech I'd imagine

21. Royal Dump

Royal Dump Active Member

hmm I was bored lol

22. usconcept

Nevermind!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  23. ReverendCasey

ReverendCasey New Member

Zoooomg... I'm a few years late to the party, but I just stumbled upon the thread you've paid homage to in your title. Read every single post. That was AMAZING! But honestly, I suspect that poor boy was probably in some sort of special education program, possibly an adult under state supervision.

Anyhow, I like that last rendering you've posted. Keep it comin guy!

24. MCL34N

MCL34N Well-Known Member

Yes, but my question is why is it misspelled? You say in the first post it's for a reason.

25. usconcept

No idea why the OP misspelled, people make typos though

26. MCL34N

MCL34N Well-Known Member

I don't get it. I want to get it.

27. usconcept

Vacformed maybe?

28. Garthok

Garthok Sr Member

The "advacned action suit" was the title of a classic thread from years ago. If you do a search you should be able to find it

29. Garthok

Garthok Sr Member

Here it is

I really like the design of the helmet in the perspective photo. I would happily have one of those on display.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  30. usconcept

After skimming it I'm curious if the invidiual was someone that moved to Seattle to become a real life superhero.

I do agree there's useful info in the original though. :)

Thanks for the link!

Edit: The Seattle comment is in reference to the OP of the thread wanting his account and posts deleted because of a career choice. The comment was halway between sarcasim and actual curiousity.

31. EyeofSauron

Re: homemade Advacnded action suit - Batman

i got a productive day today so far (depending on how you see it. i shouldve studied, but i couldnt concentrate on that stuff. its sunday and i was in a creative mood)
    so i drew up thee whole torso, including arm, and i personally think it frikking rocks!

but thats my oppinion :D

arm is basicly a little altered version of the desert storm armor, abs are heavily altered, codpiece is modeled after the belt.

got some ideas i might still want to incorporate into the torso, but this is what it is basicly gonna look like

not sure what to do on the back yet, im kinda in between some kind of jetpack/wings, with maybe an oxygen tank integrated into the system, and a standard cape. maybe (what i would like to do) is make both, and make a lock system to lock the wing stuff on like a bagpack, but the cape is standard issue. will see

no color yet, but this way its clearer to see the details anyway :D

32. EyeofSauron

Re: homemade Advacnded action suit - Batman - basic torso design finished

and another update, heres the leg with it :D its a mix of the little altered desert storm armor, and the war machine leg. i didnt like the knee part especially of the desert storm version, as it has a lot of fabric around it, and is just attached to the knee. now i only need to draw that stuff on the other side too, and then the back :D still lots to do tho :&

33. moose

moose Active Member

looks fantastic! any idea on the material yet? or did you mention that and i completely missed it lol

34. EyeofSauron

trying to do foam, if i can get it anywhere here in narnia. helmet will be same as every helmet build probably :D

i think the suit will work pretty well in foam tho, i dont have a big budget, or i would make it part silicone and stuff. basicly, what im saying, its gonna be what i can afford and get :D

35. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

WOW!! Amazing work. I most certainly can't wait till the build starts and you are right it "Frikkin Rocks"...

36. Mig407

Mig407 Well-Known Member

i really like it

37. Joe Pep

Joe Pep Active Member

Man, this is one wild lookin' batman.. I get the feeling from the picture he is more into bodybags than batcuffs.... Instead of the green what about yellow??? It looks like something he would have to wear if he was going to take someone out permanently.

38. EyeofSauron

as said before, the green is, because i would like to incorporate my Green lantern ring, just as a gimmick :)

39. Savage Archanas

Savage Archanas New Member

looks frickin awesome. would like to see this peped out so it can be done with glass and rondo.

40. Bullitt

Bullitt Active Member

What I think he meant was, that the color yellow represents fear, just like the tactics Batman would use ;)

41. EyeofSauron

probably true. im just not a fan of yellow light, really. it either looks like standard light, or funny (i hope this is understandable)

42. Bullitt

Bullitt Active Member

Either way, it's your design, man. Don't let anyone tell you different. :)

43. EyeofSauron

well its done, the basic, noncolored design that is :D its either cape or wings, i personally like the wings, but it seems a bit impractical, unless for costume contests, where you have space :)

now, i have to color and shade it.... worst part of designing, because i can never get the shading right xD

the whole suit is going to be black, with some light highlights around the suit. the belt, chest and shoulder symbols will be lit, as will be the turbines on the back, with the wings. also small lights in the chest/neck region, and the smartphone/display thingie in the left forearm (as you see, the gloves slightly defer from each other as only one is planned to have the display

so, here is the finished base design, with cape and wings

44. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

I definitely vote for the wings, they fit the armor as the cape does'nt fit the armor at all. Since Bat's or should I say Bruce Wayne is a billionaire, I'm sure he would have figured out how to have the winged pack release and return when needed, kind of like the batwing or batmobile. Just an idea or excuse:)

45. Joe Pep

Joe Pep Active Member

Bullitt was right with the saying about the yellow and the tactics. But if you are gonna incorporate a green lantern ring, then definitely the green is the way too go. And like it was said this is your build. By the way the wings look awesome!!!!!!

46. EyeofSauron

well, this is a slow going project :D

but i did some 3d modeling, and finished my helmet model, also working on a low def chest model.

those 2 pieces will be the only 2 pieces made via pepakura, the helmet will be fiberglass/resin, not sure about the chest piece

the rest will be foam, maybe with some different additions (like the fins on the forearms etc. )

still working on my iron man mk 7 atm, dont know what will happen after that. this was just a little spare time 3d modelling, as im at my parents and cant continue on IM :D
    [​IMG]

47. morcon1223

morcon1223 Member

any chance of you sharing the pep files?

48. IMIM2

IMIM2 Sr Member

Still not able to decide, like or not like.
    Leg a lot like desert storm batman. The mask is too sleek, doesn't give angry look, perhaps putting more eyebrow and deep eyes.
    Still thinking on how to make foldable back of helmet work. Using thin foam, a longer chicago screw and some magnets.
    The wing look like my old batman action figure. If you make that like foldable wings, it'll be just awesome.
    Overall, amazing design.

49. EyeofSauron

im not sure if i will share this pep file, as i dont see what anyone would use it for, except for making my costume :D and as much as i like costume builds, i dont want anyone to build my costume before me xD

50. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

:cool Yeah I'm glad it has a Bats feel to it...Looks sick as hell! Very menacing...