Home Depot Lightsaber

bcubed

11705417_10204714696329258_1529259336162331174_o.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hi everyone!

This is my second post, I decided I wanted to make something as a first project. I grew up with Star Wars so I decided on a lightsaber from the plumbing isle!

Used your typical part: Sink drain, extension pipe, slip joints, washers, electrical tape and a red wire nut.

I'd like to go back and redo the handle and add a real button and maybe eventually an led. I'm very happy for now though with my one day (30 minute) build ..... I welcome any suggestions for a follow up build that I can accomplish fairly quickly .. getting a few under my belt to build up my confidence!

Thanks!

11705417_10204714696329258_1529259336162331174_o.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work. I love custom hardware sabers. For many of us who got into props and costumes in the late 90's/early 2000's, hardware sabers were our gateway drug.

Thanks for the awesome feedback. My dad is a retired plumber, 40 years on the job. He had no idea what I was going to do with the parts. My brother was a plumber for 20 years and I'm hopefull he has boxes of old parts ripe for the pickin!

Welcome aboard and what an entrance ... amazing ... looking forward what you'd do with vintage plumbing parts ... go visit your brother's or even dad's for 'supplies' :)

Chaim

Impressive, most impressive....It is awesome looking, and hard to believe it was built from plumbing parts.

I was always wanting a brass Lightsabre, and never found plumbing to get where I want it to look.

Great hardware saber! It's how I - and most of us - started and it brings back a bit of nostalgia. The creativity it takes to fit parts together and design your saber comes in very useful, and I can already tell you're going to wow us with your future creations!

I wish the Big Yellow Box were still functioning, that was a great place to get ideas from!

Those are mightly nice, Bercilak .... I'd like to build a few different designs ... had the though to do Darth Maul varient

I'm working on a few more, the hardest part besides finding parts is working with leather for the grips. One day i might even start experimenting with electronics.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back