Holy Crap - what have I done???

Elder one

Well, after a year of staring at the airbrush all shiney and new sitting in the box, I decided to give it a go. I've shot a little paint through it a couple of times at paper, but had no clue beyond that. SO - I jumped into the deep end, and when I did, I really thought I had screwed the pooch. Seahunterr did an awesome job on my skin for Comic Con last year. However, after ComicCon, Long BeachCon, Atlanta Con, and being shipped across the country and back, the paint took a beating. I figured hey - here's a great opportunity to learn. So I covered the entire skin in Prosaide..... stepped back and thought Holy Crap - what did I just do?????

In a panic, I contacted Seahunterr (Gene) to see if he could rescue me with a repaint - without hesitation he would step up. NOW - I figured what do I have to lose??? I plugged in the compressor and went at it. It took me about 4 hours start to finish - prosaide to permawet.

Here's a pic of what it DID look like:
Picture008.jpg

And here's some pics of it now. It's a bit darker which I'm ok with since I basically just covered what Gene had put on it. I know I can come out lighter if I start with a fresh skin:

IMG_5651.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5655.jpg

Once I got this done I figured - - what the hell - - Let me take a shot at Lazrith's skin - Muahahahahahahahaha

Before:
Lazrith.jpg

After - about 3 hours - same process - complete Prosaid to Permawet:

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

His hands and feet will be done the next day or two.
I figured I'll take a shot at a mask next...... who knows how that'll turn out.

Thanks for looking.

E-O

Hey Mate, Well done on both of them, you have to start some where and for a first attempt you've done a very good job. Now your Elder suit looks like an Elder, but if you intend to keep this color you'll have to match the head to it. Again great job for your first time. :D

Stephen.

I like it too. It probably will be close to what the "black super Predator" will look like in the upcoming movie. .'.

Last edited by a moderator:
seriously fella i think they look pretty damn good mate :D i wouldn't worry to much if i were you i mean if they were bad i'm sure people would have said

Very nice :D

glad to see more people aribrushing/sculptiung and generally trying stuff, thats what this place is all about.

They came out looking good. Sculpting, painting, whats next your gonna try? When we talked you didnt say that you are a one stop Pred shop now. Cheers man!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back