Holster for Star Trek Assault Phaser

ProudCitize

Mellow greetings all,

Has anyone ever come up with a decent holster idea for the assault phaser? My wife and I will be wearing mirror universe uniforms to the 50th anniversary Star Trek con in Vegas in August and I need a way to attach these to the Sam Browne belts we will be wearing. I'd rather not resort to just using a zip-tie or something.

Assault phaser 1.jpg

I'd rather not resort to just using a zip-tie or something.

(I see what you did there!)

That is a tough one- the shape does not lend itself to soft holster- have you considered heat forming some Kydex? That often works well and could look decent.

(For my modified assault phasers, I have either snap-on or pop-out pocket clips, so the phaser just appears to 'magically sticks' to the belt, like in the films...)

(I see what you did there!)

That is a tough one- the shape does not lend itself to soft holster- have you considered heat forming some Kydex? That often works well and could look decent.

(For my modified assault phasers, I have either snap-on or pop-out pocket clips, so the phaser just appears to 'magically sticks' to the belt, like in the films...)

Thanks very much for the advice, Felgacarb :) Now, forgive my ignorance but I'm not sure what kind of clips you mean when you talk about 'snap-on or pop-out pocket clips'. Can you direct me to any sites or images of these? I also hate to ask but do you have any images of your phasers and how you attached the clips? If not, that is totally cool but I would have kicked myself if I did not ask.

I have actually been considering using Worbla to heat-form a holster but looking at the phaser last night I found that that presents it's own problems. I'm right-handed so naturally I would like the weapon on my right hip which obviously means that the left side will be toward my body. Unfortunately that is the side on which you find all of the levers and bits that stick out on the cast.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back