Hollowpond's Californian/Surrogates Style Half-Belt

I have been after a Californian half belt jacket like Bruce Willis wears in The Surrogates forever!
surrogates-001.jpg

surrogates-002.jpg

Most of the repros I see around are in the $1000 range though. Not knocking those jackets at all, but I'm a teacher for Pete's sake!!! I'm on a budget!!! I was really looking for a nice repro in a sturdy cowhide for around 3-500 bucks. Horse would be nice, but that would immediately put it out of my price range. What to do right?

Well, while I was bemoaning my station Rick and Mike over at filmjackets.com came out with a dead-on half-belt in a very vintage looking cowhide for $300 shipped!!!! And not only that, but the body length and sleeve length is customizable at no extra charge!!! Enough jibbering. Here's some pics
IMG_20120418_164154-1-1.jpg

IMG_20120418_164212.jpg

IMG_20120418_164220-1.jpg

Here's some closeups of some of the details on the filmjackets.com website
BRUNO HALFBELT [FLMJKT-0013] - $299.99 : FILMJACKETS.COM, Reel Jackets for Real People
It is the perfect blend of ruggedness and style to me. The stitching and craftsmanship is on par with jackets I've had that cost twice this amount. The hide was a little dry on the onset, but an application of Pecard's leather dressing and it was good to go!!! Rick and company have got a good thing going over there and they have delivered to me what is quickly becoming one of my favorite jackets in my stable.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back